Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New Personal AW application process8388

Collector Jklugh private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
@xkonk This is limited. The OP doesn't mention it, but not all applications are approved. In fact, very few are, and there is a vetting process. The only thing that has been streamlined is the application process.
Does that me we might not get approved even if we were approved before?
Post 26 IP   flag post
Also if I'm going to local comic book signing should I Mark private signing?
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
I got my AW approval overnight sometime. Looks like it is really streamlined now.

If I understand correctly there is no paperwork involved for submitting to CBCS now with your books and the approval date / event for AW is tied to your e-mail address you use for submissions. That should really help them with processing time as I remember missing paperwork with submissions was an issue before.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector JLA555 private msg quote post Address this user
Just got my AW approval
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
How far in advance should we request our AW?? I have a dinner in early June!
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
How far in advance should we request our AW?? I have a dinner in early June!

My approval was for June 20th...(I had the NFCC one done last year).
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector JLA555 private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics asap so you know you have it
Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector joker7596 private msg quote post Address this user
Just to clarify, if I would become an AW, would I be eligible to witness my own books being signed, or just other peoples? Not sure if that's considered a conflict of interest or not.
Post 33 IP   flag post
CBCS TimBildhauser private msg quote post Address this user
@joker7596 You would ONLY be able to witness books for yourself. To witness for other people you would have to be a facilitator.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector joker7596 private msg quote post Address this user
@TimBildhauser Oh thats actually even better. I'm considering going to Awesomecon depending on who shows up, thanks for the info!
Post 35 IP   flag post
How would someone become a facilitator?
Post 36 IP   flag post
CBCS TimBildhauser private msg quote post Address this user
@Jklugh There's a vetting process (we don't approve just anyone for it) and annual submission volume requirements.
Post 37 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Speaking of facilitators, could you send me a PM with a link to the site I need to sign up for the shows I am planning to attend this year?

I sent an e-mail to Steve Paulus with my AW forms but he told me that is no longer the process.

Steve said Jake would send me an e-mail with the link but I haven't received anything yet.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkonk
It looks like this is intended for individual events? Would a person have to apply for each event or would AW status just stick once approved?

The bit about the end about submitting your books to CBCS doesn't make sense to me. If CBCS is at an event why would you ever need to witness your own books? I can't see a circumstance outside of CBCS failing to staff properly. The only reason I could see CBCS allowing someone to witness their own signatures is if neither CBCS nor a listed facilitator is at the event at all. Or to put it another way, the only expected way for CBCS to get self-witnessed books should be through the mail.

CBCS was at an event that I once attended but did not have enough witnesses. I had over 40 books all in different celebrities (Mayhew, Bernthal, Ming Wa, Etc) and I explained the trouble of having to grab witness and wait in line.. all of a sudden I was introduced to the AW Sheet... If CBCS is at the event, I let them earn their $$ if I have 10-15 books, but at the same time I am not going to be a jerk if I've brought over 30 books, I'll bring my paperwork in those circumstances.
Post 39 IP   flag post
227110 39 14
destitute