CBCS Comics
The CBCS forum community is now closed to new posts and replies. The forum will remain available in read-only mode for the time being. Thank you to all who contributed over the years.
CBCS GradedComics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern Age

What are you currently hunting for?838

-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Ok - I see a comic that I'm looking for to finish a run. Seller has it listed at $50 buy it now or best offer. It's a nice copy, so I figure I'd shoot him an offer. I offer him $40. He countered with $49. Really??? A whole whopping dollar is what you're willing to go down? Why bother with the Best Offer option??? SMH
Post 151 • IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I'm thinking I might counter with $41!!!
Post 152 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
I once made a decent offer on Comic Connect for a book I wanted.

The seller responded with a price higher than he was initially asking.

I laughed and moved on.

Plenty sellers will only drop the price one dollar when you make them an offer. Happens to me quite often.
Post 153 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O Ugh, I hate that! It's like, why even bother with the Best Offer option if you're basically looking to get the BIN price?

I usually aim to get 15%-20% off the BIN price when I use Best Offers. When the seller's just screwing around like that, I usually just decline and look elsewhere.

If anything, you should counter with $39
Post 154 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
lol, once I think I flatout offended a seller with my initial lowball offer that instead of countering he just banned me from his listings
Post 155 • IP   flag post


Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
$40 on a $50 book is more than reasonable. What's the listing? I'll offer him $41.
Post 156 • IP   flag post
Collector manwithoutfear private msg quote post Address this user
I don't have anything too pressing that I want.

I am trying to hold off for a big purchase. If I can make headway into my DD run I will be happy.
Post 157 • IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Sometimes, I admittedly bid extremely high to create a market wedge so I can control the price when I am ready to sell. This just isn't Turtles I'm talking about either.


Do you mean you bid high on items you're trying to win, or you bid high on items you have in your collection and will later sell?
Post 158 • IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
I'm thinking I might counter with $41!!!


Counter with $30.
Post 159 • IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Sometimes, I admittedly bid extremely high to create a market wedge so I can control the price when I am ready to sell. This just isn't Turtles I'm talking about either.


Do you mean you bid high on items you're trying to win, or you bid high on items you have in your collection and will later sell?


I bid high on items I'm trying to obtain so they are "SOLD" at that high price.

For example, if I'm trying to get maximum cheapest price on an item I snipe at the last 5 seconds obviously. BUT, If I want the item to sell extemely high...I bid like $2000 on the item on day 1 of the item being listed LMAO
Post 160 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
I too hate when sellers pull that drop down $1 on a best offer crap. If a seller is taking best offers but won't even budge far enough to cover shipping cost I don't bother with their items anymore.
Post 161 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke you're one sneaky turtle.
Post 162 • IP   flag post
Collector D84 private msg quote post Address this user
A natural redhead
Post 163 • IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
I just offered 85 on a book listed at 100. The seller didn't even respond to the offer. The book didn't sell and he has it relisted at 90.
Post 164 • IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley


Transformers Spotlight: Prowl (retailer incentive)

Will be shipping to me from Australia in a few days. Only a few more retailer incentives to go.
Post 165 • IP   flag post
Collector Cmonman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
I think it will go for $585-$650.


I hope you bid more than that!
Post 166 • IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
The auction ended at $960. I had a max bid of $1600. I was going to win no matter what. What really shocked me was I wrote a personal letter of thanks asking his assistant to relay my message to him. I mentioned I loved his work on HM and preordered his first solo cover. After receiving the message via ebay Kevin told her to throw in a signed copy of his first solo cover of Heavy Metal from June or July 2016. Way cool.
Post 167 • IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Kevin told her to throw in a signed copy of his first solo cover of Heavy Metal from June or July 2016. Way cool.


very nice
Post 168 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke that's awesome.
Post 169 • IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 170 • IP   flag post
Collector Arikhan private msg quote post Address this user
I am in search of a 9.8 or candidate (raw) copy of Transmetropolitan 1.
Post 171 • IP   flag post
Collector Despain private msg quote post Address this user

Post 172 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
I had to buy a new work car a couple of weeks ago so I'm really focusing on my Spawn collection now.
Post 173 • IP   flag post
Collector OrbitCityComics private msg quote post Address this user
I am working on finishing out my Transmetropolitan run, and DMZ by Brian Wood.

After that, I am will be working on Star Wars Legacy Vol I.
Post 174 • IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
I once made a decent offer on Comic Connect for a book I wanted.

The seller responded with a price higher than he was initially asking.

I laughed and moved on.

Plenty sellers will only drop the price one dollar when you make them an offer. Happens to me quite often.


Then perhaps you should stop making low ball offers.
Post 175 • IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
tales of suspense 39
Post 176 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Almost done with my Adam Hughes Catwoman run, just need one more issue
Post 177 • IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS_Comics
Almost done with my Adam Hughes Catwoman run, just need one more issue


I submitted a bunch of them with Adam's signature in Baltimore and NYCC. Looking forward to see how they grade out.
Post 178 • IP   flag post
Collector willieCPA4646 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm looking for a NM copy of DC's Our Fighting Forces #102 from 1966 / 67 (The Captain Hunter Series).
Post 179 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Wolverine private msg quote post Address this user
Gonna finish up Batman New 52 then I'm gonna go grail hunting for Hulk 181
Post 180 • IP   flag post
657131 228 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?