Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern Age

What are you currently hunting for?838

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@kaptainmyke I take it you've seen this but make him an offer?

I know that seller. I bought a few things from him already but we cannot meet at a good price for that one. I've been trying to haggle his 1st appearance of Usagi also.
Post 76 IP   flag post
Collector rickdod3 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Did he work on the show or did he just snatch them up before you could get to them?

From what he told me he purchased everything in the late 90's early 2000s. I was around 10 years old at that time lol.

Not much from the show has gone up for sale since then. Probably private collectors like myself hoarding everything lol.
Post 77 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@rickdod3 Well if Power Rangers can come back 25 years later maybe they're waiting for a similar Beetleborg payday in 5 years
Post 78 IP   flag post
Collector rickdod3 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@rickdod3 Well if Power Rangers can come back 25 years later maybe they're waiting for a similar Beetleborg payday in 5 years

Hahaha I was one of 14 people in total that loved the Beetleborgs...so I doubt it! lol

Problem was that they tried to compete with Power Rangers...and you see how that turned out.
Post 79 IP   flag post
Collector Jayzer private msg quote post Address this user
Right now I'm looking for Green Lantern- Green Arrow #87, TMNT #1 2nd or 3rd print (can't afford 1st print), Batman # 251.raw or graded,the cost basically drives the choice but prefer cbcs graded.
Looking to upgrade Spiderman #300 cgc 8.0 to something closer to NM, and also the same story with my Batman Adventures #12 cbcs 8.5*
Post 80 IP   flag post

Collector mazingman private msg quote post Address this user
I'm looking for down the road is Incredible Hulk #102 and Tales to Astonish #62. The top two of the ever growing list.
Post 81 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
good condition / affordable copies of 1st appearance of
Huntress
Ms Marvel
Post 82 IP   flag post
@VaComicsGuy Any particular version of the Huntress? I think there's been like 3 different versions from DC
Post 83 IP   flag post
Quote:
@VaComicsGuy Any particular version of the Huntress? I think there's been like 3 different versions from DC

You are correct.
I am currently in need of All Star comics 69 and DC Super Stars 17 (they came out on the same day and are both considered to be the first appearance).
Post 84 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaComicsGuy
Huntress
Ms Marvel

Oh flibbity jibbets! I just sold a copy of Marvel Super-Heroes #13 with the first Carol Danvers CBCS 5.0.
Post 85 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxbladder
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaComicsGuy
Huntress
Ms Marvel

Oh flibbity jibbets! I just sold a copy of Marvel Super-Heroes #13 with the first Carol Danvers CBCS 5.0.

RATS !!
Post 86 IP   flag post
I will keep an eye out for another.I have been pretty lucky finding them at great prices.
Post 87 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxbladder
I will keep an eye out for another.I have been pretty lucky finding them at great prices.

Thanks. I'd appreciate it.
Post 88 IP   flag post
Collector Scipio2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckJohnson
I'm interested in raw books that are truly near mint (high 9s), or books that have the potential to be near mint with cleaning and pressing. So that means no tears and no broken color (among other things.)

Amazing Heroes #4
Batman Adventures #12
Captain Marvel 1968 series #1,#17,#18
Hansi,The Girl Who Loved the Swastika
Inhumans #1
Isis #1 thru #8
Ms Marvel #1, 2, 16 and 18
Night Nurse #1
NYX #3, #4, #5
ROM #31
Shazam #25,#28
She’s Josie #1 and #45 (as pussycats)
Strange Tales #169 thru #173 (Brother Voodoo)
Uncanny X-Men:129 and 130

Thanks

I just massively lucked out and found a local shop here who had a bunch of 70's raw books. It included an almost complete run of original Spider-Woman, including #1 and #37. Plus, they had a decent 7 grade copy of Inhumans #1 which could probably be improved with a pressing.

I bought the LOT for $.75 a piece!

Also got Marvel Presents #3 (1st Solo Guardians of the Galaxy, and Champions #1 in that lot. All of them probably in the 6-7 range grade wise. Champions #1 was probably on the lower end of the grade scale. But, for $.75 a piece, who is going to complain!
Post 89 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
i have a high grade inhumans #1
Post 90 IP   flag post
Collector Resurrection private msg quote post Address this user
@VaComicsGuy I have 1st Ms Marvel with no back cover. I still am unsure why I bought that.
Post 91 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection
@VaComicsGuy I have 1st Ms Marvel with no back cover. I still am unsure why I bought that.

PM sent
Post 92 IP   flag post
Supergirl and the Legion of Superheroes #23 Adam Hughes cover. I just set up an ebay watch for this. I'm hoping I can get it for a decent price in the near future

Post 93 IP   flag post
i need mike murray's supercar #4 gold key comics
Post 94 IP   flag post
Collector bennyb86 private msg quote post Address this user
Just ended my hunt for a DC Elvira's House of Mystery #1 so can cross that off my list. Trying to get a decent copy of Brave and the Bold #111. All the good copies are going for an arm and a leg and was able to find one at a local store but they wanted $30 and some of the pages were torn out. Not willing to fork that over for a good cover lol
Post 95 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite oh thanks a lot man, now I gotta add that cover to my list too.
Post 96 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
I'm hunting for the old Westerns: RAWHIDE KID, TWO-GUN KID and KID COLT OUTLAW. Anything before 1972 in high grads only please.
Post 97 IP   flag post
Back in the 80's, my local comic shop had a sale on "Number 1's." i.e. #1 issues for stuff that nobody at that time gave a crap about. They were, as I recall, cheap. So, I figured, why not just buy up a bunch of them?

Included in this lot were Nova #1, Ms. Marvel #1, She-Hulk #1, etc. I think I even got a Charlton E-Man #1 in there.

All the Marvel books were in really good condition when I bought them. They were literally worth bubkus until the past couple of years.

I still have my high grade copies of Nova and She-Hulk #1, but my copy of Ms. marvel sadly got ruined in a flood I had in my basement that took out probably 15% of my collection about 13 years ago.

I'm still in the process of rebuilding it.

I still have the flood damaged Ms. Marvel #1. But, it really needs a restoration. If that book ever goes above $500 for a 9.2, I will pay for a restoration.

I also have a flood damaged New Teen Titans #2, that could use a restoration.

And, my Marvel Godzillas got decimated. I finally rebuilt that one, at a pretty penny now that those books are in heavy demand (Yes, those 70's Godzilla books are in demand. They get bought out at conventions right away.)

Moral of this story?

1. Make sure you store your comics in a way to avoid any flood damage!

2. You might want to invest in buying up all those "worthless" Valiant, Image, etc #1 issues now while they are cheap to find in high grades, and just save them. Because, you never know....
Post 98 IP   flag post
Valiant is trying to make a comeback. KaptainMyke is doubtful.
Post 99 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
@Jayzer
I have a Batman #251 CGC 9.4 and an ASM 300 CGC 9.0 if you're still looking.
Edit: The books aren't in the death slabs.
Post 100 IP   flag post
BTW, does anyone look at the Comichron monthly sales figures to help them anticipate which books might actually be valuable in the future?

I am going to experiment with it and see how it plays out. I'd look at the really low sales and distribution figure books. They already have built in scarcity. So, if any of them becomes a "hit," those initial books will become valuable due to supply and demand. And, unlike some of these high volume books that are being horded by collectors and fans, there won't be a huge untapped flood of them hitting the market when prices start going up.

For example, take the June sales figures. http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2016/2016-06.html

Look for number 1's or new series/characters.

That La Muerta Descent book (which was a kickstarter project) only sold 3,635 copies.

http://ladydeathuniverse.com/la-muerta-1-descent-is-coming-to-comic-shops-in-june/

http://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/APR161491

The Kickstarter had 790 backers.

Not sure what the print run on that was, but it's unlikely that it was much higher than the sales figures. Maybe 5-10k?

That book looks pretty fricking cool, and seems to have a lot of the characteristics of what people are interested in. So, to me, that looks like a solid investment at cover price.

And, sure enough, some of the variants are going for premium prices on eBay.

The "standard" editions are not yet going up in price (by much) yet. But, I think that it's only a matter of time.
Post 101 IP   flag post
@Scipio2000 I wouldn't be surprised if some have used comichron for such purposes but because a book is scarce, relatively speaking, does not mean it will become valuable based on that alone. What you will want to look for, and again this is not guaranteeing success. Are books that pique the interest of the market which, unfortunately, can be after initial orders are already are made and just before to shortly after the book's release. Comichron numbers usually do not show up until after any initial demand for the book has come (and possibly gone)(Aren't they usually at least a month "behind" in reporting monthly totals?)

When it comes to speculating moderns I have pretty much given up on that as you can never predict what is going to be or become hot with any sort of consistency.

(Finally, watch out for the print run cop(s). If you use Chomichron numbers "illegally" they may get you )
Post 102 IP   flag post
@Oxbladder - Oh, I agree. But, in some of the shops I go to, they have the last couple of months of back issues also available. If you can pick a really low print run book up for cover price, and it has attributes that you think make it attractive to the market, it's worth taking a flyer on.

The worst that happens is that you pay cover price for a comic that you find interesting, and it doesn't appreciate in value.

Or, you could strike gold and you just bought another TMNT #1.

I invested in the Penny Dreadful comics on spec because of their low print runs. I think those books go up. Could b wrong! But, who knows? It was worth taking a flyer on them, IMHO.
Post 103 IP   flag post
Anyone have a Marvel Milestones Avengers 4 or Incredible Hulk 181 they'd care to part with? Moreso the latter since the former is more readily available at a good price. I'm trying to create sets with the original, the Marvel Milestone, and the Wizard Ace editions

Post 104 IP   flag post
@Scipio2000 if your careful, and it sounds like you are taking a careful and logical approach, you could have some success. For me I have had way more luck not trying to figure out some scheme and just buying what sounds interesting or focusing on a specific theme, such as collecting all female hero and villain first appearances in the Marvel U. By just buying and collecting this way I have "lucked" into some hot books (quite a few of which are holding or continuing to increase in value). I have found this incredibly more satisfying than trying to play speculator.
Post 105 IP   flag post
601466 228 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?