Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern Age

What are you currently hunting for?838

COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
So I'm sure I'm not unlike many of you in that I have a list of books I'm trying to find at just the right price. I'd love to hear what books everyone's looking for and if it helps a few people get the books they're looking for then all the better for everyone, I think!

Post 1 IP   flag post
I would say the book I'm currently most on the lookout for is a low-grade Avengers #4. I've let it slip through my fingers a couple of times in the past few months that I'm still kicking myself for. mycomicshop.com has a couple of copies I almost bought but they each have some defects that kinda put me off. The search continues but I don't think it's too long now before I add it to my collection

Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Schoultzdan private msg quote post Address this user
Fantastic four annual 5 for me in higher grade
Post 3 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
An affordable Golden Age Cap. I've got my eye on some on eBay, but I just haven't found that "one" yet. I'm also working on completing my Cap volume 1 collection. Plus, a series of "themed" comics that I'm actually quite excited about!!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector rickdod3 private msg quote post Address this user
I've been searching for a low grade copy of ASM 129 (all I can afford lol) for a while...all of the prices are ridiculous though.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoultzdan
Fantastic four annual 5 for me in higher grade
I'm not very familiar with that issue but it is a really awesome cover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
An affordable Golden Age Cap. I've got my eye on some on eBay, but I just haven't found that "one" yet. I'm also working on completing my Cap volume 1 collection. Plus, a series of "themed" comics that I'm actually quite excited about!!

I haven't really been searching but I have considered a golden age Cap as my first Golden Age book. Mayber adter I get that Avengers 4
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickdod3
I've been searching for a low grade copy of ASM 129 (all I can afford lol) for a while...all of the prices are ridiculous though.

You're telling me! I was lucky to get my book a year or two ago. I paid about $150 for a raw copy and it came back a 4.0 from CBCS. I look on ebay now and they want like $300 for a 1.8!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector rickdod3 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
Quote:

You're telling me! I was lucky to get my book a year or two ago. I paid about $150 for a raw copy and it came back a 4.0 from CBCS. I look on ebay now and they want like $300 for a 1.8!

I had a comic dealer buddy of mine come across a beat up copy with a detached cover MAYBE a 2.0-3.0 max...he said he would sell it to me for $180. I instantly said SOLD! Then 2 days later I asked him when I could swing by his house to give him the money and he had sold it out from under me for $400. Needless to say, I was furious.

Same thing with Flash 123...bid on a toilet paper copy missing two pages and it sold for $120. Ridiculous. My max bid was $65
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector TruckJohnson private msg quote post Address this user
I'm interested in raw books that are truly near mint (high 9s), or books that have the potential to be near mint with cleaning and pressing. So that means no tears and no broken color (among other things.)

Amazing Heroes #4
Batman Adventures #12
Captain Marvel 1968 series #1,#17,#18
Hansi,The Girl Who Loved the Swastika
Inhumans #1
Isis #1 thru #8
Ms Marvel #1, 2, 16 and 18
Night Nurse #1
NYX #3, #4, #5
ROM #31
Shazam #25,#28
She’s Josie #1 and #45 (as pussycats)
Strange Tales #169 thru #173 (Brother Voodoo)
Uncanny X-Men:129 and 130

Thanks
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector WCollecbales private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckJohnson

Inhumans #1

I have a copy if you're interested.
Post 10 IP   flag post
I'm after Amazing Spiderman #692 - Death of Gwen Stacey/Red variant.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I had a comic dealer buddy of mine come across a beat up copy with a detached cover MAYBE a 2.0-3.0 max...he said he would sell it to me for $180. I instantly said SOLD! Then 2 days later I asked him when I could swing by his house to give him the money and he had sold it out from under me for $400. Needless to say, I was furious.

Same thing with Flash 123...bid on a toilet paper copy missing two pages and it sold for $120. Ridiculous. My max bid was $65

Post 12 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCollecbales

I should probably do some catching up ... I could've sworn Gwen died 40+ years ago.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaard
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCollecbales

I should probably do some catching up ... I could've sworn Gwen died 40+ years ago.

It was a series of special anniversary variants featuring covers depicting the key moments in ASM.
Post 14 IP   flag post
@Gaard Amazing Spider-Man 692 was the 50th anniversary issue and had several colored variants depicting key moments in the character's history including Peter getting bitten by the radioactive spider, Spider-man joining the Avengers, encountering the alien symbiote, and a red cover depicting Gwen Stacey's death
Post 15 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
I could make a lot of people here happy (including my wife). If I just wasn't so darn attached to my "stuff".
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector IncentiveComic private msg quote post Address this user
I'm looking to complete my collection of Alex Ross 75th Anniversary sketch variants in 9.8

I need Savage Hulk #1 & Guardians of the Galaxy #18
Post 17 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
I'm trying to find a Fathom vol. 1 #14 DF connecting cover variant without the foil logo for a reasonable price. I've found one on eBay that's reasonable, but it's in Canada and they want $20 for shipping.
Post 18 IP   flag post
@DarthLego I've bought a few books from Canada in recent months. The shipping has been pretty high on a couple but the item itself was priced reasonably enough that it was still a pretty good deal altogether. I take it that's not the case with your Fathom book?
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector SecretCharacter private msg quote post Address this user
One of my all time most-wanted books is Superman #14. I don't see myself being able to afford one any time in the near future, but I'm always looking for one.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector Kinzebac private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretCharacter
One of my all time most-wanted books is Superman #14. I don't see myself being able to afford one any time in the near future, but I'm always looking for one.

Superman 14 is a great book. My current want, but cannot afford anytime soon is Captain Marvel Adventures 1 restored. Sigh
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector Swampy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinzebac
Quote:

Superman 14 is a great book. My current want, but cannot afford anytime soon is Captain Marvel Adventures 1 restored. Sigh

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9476046#Post9476046
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampy
Quote:
Quote:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9476046#Post9476046

Thanks Swampy. I was tempted to PM the guy this morning, but I gotta little scared because he is brand new to the forum. I might send him a message later.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:

Wow! That is a gorgeous cover! Good luck finding it!

Quote:
Quote:

I just did a quick search and couldn't even find one on ebay. Issues 2, 3, and 4 are all up there though :/
Post 24 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I have been buying comics since I was old enough to read, and have bought, sold, and traded hundreds over the years. My biggest regret is selling an X-Men #1 (VF/NM) almost 35 years ago for $400 to my LCS. A college friend of mine was getting married and I needed air fare to Buffalo. I had a great time at that wedding, but wish I had come up with a better plan on getting to it. I still think that I will replace that book one of these days.
Post 25 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
My list is all over the place:

Psylocke # 1
Spider-woman # 1 (Manara cover)
ASM # 300
ASM # 194
Batman # 635
Post 26 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user

Transformers #9 Auto Assembly exclusive

Transformers #22 retailer incentive

Transformers Spotlight Orion Pax retailer incentive

If anyone has any for sale, I'm interested.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Wow! That is a gorgeous cover! Good luck finding it!

Quote:
Quote:

I just did a quick search and couldn't even find one on ebay. Issues 2, 3, and 4 are all up there though :/

It is a very difficult book to find, especially in blue label.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector qube private msg quote post Address this user
Looking for an affordable mid-grade raw X-Men 94. I've kind of suspended my search temporarily though because I just got back from vacation, so funds are a little tighter than I'd like them to be.

Once I've recovered though, I'll likely resume my hunt at Amazing Comic Con Houston in September.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
I'm currently hunting down Silver Age ASM. Working on the run.
Post 30 IP   flag post
600857 228 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?