Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrelowe
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
I was expecting slabs doing keggers on the beach with wet shirts on - disappointed in this thread

Lol. Great response.

From someone’s perspective the same can be said for all slabs. Low grade keys and high grade moderns may not make sense to others. I have some that I have because of the cover or the importance to me on a personal level. To each his own and to you a cheap find that sparked a memorable thread. Or at least it may end up being that. I say every one should post wtf photos to see how crazy it can get.

Agreed. I have a 9.4 signed Shadowhawk 1. Doesn’t have much value but was my favorite book / series when I was younger.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector rickdod3 private msg quote post Address this user
CBCS and CGC both make their businesses thrive by having customers, they make the same amount on a $1 book as they do a $100 book. We should be encouraging people to use their services as much as possible. Who cares as to the reason why someone would want to slab toilet paper, you didn't lose any money.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector billkruser5 private msg quote post Address this user
I am sending in Batman Rebirth #16 only because its for my nephew who was born the week that issue came out. So hopefully he can look back on it and be like "wow, my cool uncle got me hooked and bought this for me."
While I come across slabs that make me scratch my head, I also get it. Cool covers, favorite issues, gifts for others, sentimental value.....
Besides, this is 'Merica. If someone wants to part with their money, who are we to say no?
Post 28 IP   flag post
I swore no more comics, then this happened. PaulPop private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by billkruser5
Besides, this is 'Merica. If someone wants to part with their money, who are we to say no?

I agree with that. Let's face it, I think we all know people that think the whole hobby is just for children and don't understand it at all.

But I asked this question originally just to get the collectors point of view. I have some books that are sentimental, but never felt the need to spend and extra $50 on slabbing and shipping. I've also bought my fair share of books just because the cover was cool. But to me, slabbing a $5-10 book (heck, even a $100 book) is just chewing into the overall collection value. So there is some method to my madness.

But like me and many others say on here, to each his own.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
People probably underestimate how much it cost to slab a book.
Post 30 IP   flag post

PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
For sheer preservation and presentation...I wish I was able to
slab my entire collection.

Marty
Post 31 IP   flag post
601452 31 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?