Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

WEEKLY COVER CONTEST - Week 128: Love & Marriage & Romance8372

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I actually had to do shift/control/R while on the CBCS page for it to work for me.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector Dshel61 private msg quote post Address this user
Same here...Shift/control/R worked
Post 52 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like "LIKE" votes are going to go way up!
Post 53 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
Looks like "LIKE" votes are going to go way up!

Agreed!! I'm definitely giving my own posts 3 hearts! lol!!!
Post 54 IP   flag post
You know, this gives us a cool possibility for the contest. We could open it up so you can vote on three covers. You'd have to rate them, one heart, two hearts and three hearts, but it might be fun. I know the hearts only light up on each users page for the ones they vote for, but I'm thinking people will now be tempted to vote three times to see them all light up. If we just say the one with the most hearts wins, and have people rank them, it will save on going through each entry. Just an idea.
Post 55 IP   flag post

It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
You know, this gives us a cool possibility for the contest. We could open it up so you can vote on three covers. You'd have to rate them, one heart, two hearts and three hearts, but it might be fun. I know the hearts only light up on each users page for the ones they vote for, but I'm thinking people will now be tempted to vote three times to see them all light up. If we just say the one with the most hearts wins, and have people rank them, it will save on going through each entry. Just an idea.

I like this!

If I read the Tech Forum's post correctly, we'll be able to "Like" our own posts. If so, will contestants be allowed to vote for their own submission?
Post 56 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Can’t get it to work on my iPad.
Post 57 IP   flag post
What's with the gray shaded posts? Haven't figured that out yet.
Post 58 IP   flag post
Collector seanw private msg quote post Address this user
I can't seem to vote even after doing a shift ctrl R.
Post 59 IP   flag post
can't vote either.
Post 60 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
can't vote either.

I can vote and have voted.
Post 61 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Why does it say I voted 3 times for the same cover??
Post 62 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I actually had to do shift/control/R while on the CBCS page for it to work for me.

Thanks, this worked for me.
Post 63 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brysb
Why does it say I voted 3 times for the same cover??

How many hearts are lit up by it? If all three, you can click on the first heart and it will read one vote. Second heart - two votes, third heart - 3 votes.
Post 64 IP   flag post
Collector Zombiebigfoot private msg quote post Address this user
I can’t get my vote in! I’ll try back later on & give it a shot. 🤔
Post 65 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Voted! Seems like it’s working today. Hopefully tomorrow they will switch out the hearts for thumbs up or beers, or anything more manly. Us comic book geeks have our images to uphold.
Post 66 IP   flag post
For today, if anyone is having a problem voting, either do an open post with your vote or let me know via pm what your choice is. If I get any responses, I'll post them as "anonymous" votes here in a post.
Post 67 IP   flag post
Collector Karlhungus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
For today, if anyone is having a problem voting, either do an open post with your vote or let me know via pm what your choice is. If I get any responses, I'll post them as "anonymous" votes here in a post.

So do we vote with one heart or do all 3 for the cover we like?
Post 68 IP   flag post
For this week, one heart for one cover. If people want to do the three heart/three covers voting, we'd have to make a change before the contest begins.
Post 69 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
too late to add a cover??

Post 70 IP   flag post
Collector DJC_II private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O doesnt work
Post 71 IP   flag post
Collector Zombiebigfoot private msg quote post Address this user
Ok, my votes in! 🍺
Post 72 IP   flag post
@KatKomics I'm afraid it is. But that IS a great comic!!!
Post 73 IP   flag post
@DJC_II I'm not sure what to tell you. It seems that it's all about the cookies!!! If a hard reset (control/F5 or control/shift/R while the page is open) doesn't do the trick, try cleaning out your cookie cache. On a phone or ipad, I'm not sure what you can do other than turn the device off and then back on. Maybe others can advise what has worked for them.
Post 74 IP   flag post
@DJC_II Also, check out the New To This thread for more ideas.
Post 75 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@DJC_II I'm not sure what to tell you. It seems that it's all about the cookies!!! If a hard reset (control/F5 or control/shift/R while the page is open) doesn't do the trick, try cleaning out your cookie cache. On a phone or ipad, I'm not sure what you can do other than turn the device off and then back on. Maybe others can advise what has worked for them.

Unfortunately restarting my iphone didn’t help.

I haven’t tried it myself but @SteveRicketts said this worked for him; the way you clear the cache on your iphone is to go to Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data
Post 76 IP   flag post
Collector DJC_II private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

i cleaned out my browser cookies
and that did the trick.

thanks for that
Post 77 IP   flag post
This week the cover contest was an interesting one with the implementation of the new voting system taking up about half of the thread. The voting doesn't end until 11:59 PM EST tonight but, with the number of votes @Sagii has received, I'm making a command decision and declaring him early as the winner.
So I'm closing out my first win with a big congratulations to @Sagii! (this is @Sagii first win as well)

Post 78 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user

WOW, i'm floored and humbled! Thanks for the votes!
I'm not the most tech savvy person but i am going to get the next contest up and running asap (please call out any glitches once it's up) Or PM.
Post 79 IP   flag post
Hey, guys, unless we change the rules, voting is still open until one minute before midnight tonight. We could change it so that the voting runs from noon Wednesday until noon Thursday, but we should vote on that or any other changes.
Post 80 IP   flag post
601463 80 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?