Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
QuestionsSignaturesSigning OpportunitiesWant to Buy

Signing advice for Captain Kirk (Shatner)8366

Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by brysb
Speaking of signatures, does this look like a John Byrne legit one?

Good luck trying to figure that out. Byrne sigs are all over the place.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector donho private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:
What does Shatner charge for his signature?

I wanna say $85??? migne be closer to $100 now though

I had him sign the back of Star Trek #1 (the photo back cover from the 60's) - is at home but I think it was 5.5 might press up a point if I sent in again.

for this one 75 or 80
Post 27 IP   flag post
got a megan levens sketch on Bristol of kirk from The Wrath of Khan but couldn't find a blank cover to save my life and will pick up at the con in march from her, but waist up and in color. also the dc star trek number one 9.6 cbcs yellow label with perez. and I think it will also be the marvel number one. and also thinking of the cover proofs of either tekwar and/or my enemy my ally paperback covers.
Post 28 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalkiel
A friend of mine got this signed for me.Shatner was in Palm Springs shooting a movie and was good enough to sign my Star Trek #2.

Not the best condition, didn't have a lot of time to find a good copy.

That does not look like Bill's signature.
Post 29 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

I met Bill Shatner in 2011 at Emerald City Comic Con. I sent this to my dad one year I think in 2013-2015 for his birthday or Christmas or something I can't remember... Haven't seen the book since.
Post 30 IP   flag post

I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
The 1993 Skybox Master Series has gorgeous painted portraits cards by renown Star Trek Artist Keith Birdsong.

Kirk is card #1 in the set.

Post 31 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
What does Shatner charge for his signature?

$75-$80. I paid $75 at Louisville Supercon which was on Nov 30 - Dec 1 2018

At Steel City con this upcoming April 12-14 Shatner is listed as $80

https://www.steelcitycon.com/celebrity-autograph-photo-op-pricing/

As for the OP's original question, I believe the best book for Shatner's signature is the most expensive. Gold Key's Star Trek 1. On the front cover or on the back cover which is a full photo of Captain Kirk.

If you want to get multiple cast member's signatures Star Trek 8 (Gold Key) is a great book as it is the entire (main) cast on the cover with Kirk and Spock equally pictured
Post 32 IP   flag post
cant afford the dell number one. though I have tried.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by donho
cant afford the dell number one. though I have tried.

Technically, it is a Gold Key book. Gold Key split off from Dell taking much of their business.

I'd suggest Star Trek 8 then. Very affordable. eBay has copies under $10 and nice solid copies are priced at $20.

At shows where Shatner is signing, there are often one or more additional cast members attending. Koenig was at Louisville Super Con and will also be at Steel City Con. His signature is $40. Issue 8 is great for multiple sigs.

Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector JustABitEvil private msg quote post Address this user

I had him sign the one with the most Shatners on it I could find.
Post 35 IP   flag post
600627 35 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?