Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern Age

Detective #1000 JeeHyung Lee Virgin + Trade, Sold Out, except...8319

Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Part of the Scottish part of my heritage even the men wear dresses!!
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector DJC_II private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@DJC_II While I understand the point you are trying to make I disagree that we must appease the lowest common denominator, especially when it comes to correct terminology. There will always be a couple of students that giggle and laugh in an anthropology class whenever the professor says the word “homo.”

Additionally, I don’t see anything degrading about the use of a word as innocuous as “dress.” One homophone does refer to a garment worn primarily by women but that in itself shouldn’t be considered degrading. Additionally, dress has additional homophones that are far more universal: dressing on salad, getting dressed in the morning, dressing up to go out, etc.

Listen, it's great that you want to wave the political flag, and stand right for the proper terms (and I don't mean that in a facetious sense), but... facts are facts.

Regardless of how you see it, comic books do not sell. They do not. And because they do not, companies are doing gimmicks and tricks to boost sales. Comic books especially do not sell when you really take into account what comic volumes used to sell at.

Now, we all know there are many reasons for the major, major decline. I argue one major factor is stigma. Regardless of how it is being interpreted now, the point is, is its interpretation.

And if you want the hobby and format to stay alive, it needs to be changed.

"Comic Book" doesn't sell. Just like "Doll" didn't sell for the male action figure line. I watch The Toys That Made Us... and their issues were all the same. This is not a doll, this is an action, figure.

This is not a dress.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
tempest in a terminology teapot
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
I got 42 different Detective #1000 covers put out so far.Wow.That must be a record.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Helric1 private msg quote post Address this user
The thing I would like to complain about is that this art is old - from 2015 I think. I don't know if many books use old art for their variants since I don't pay a lot of attention to them, but it seems lazy. I bought one anyway because I like it
Post 30 IP   flag post

Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Marvel used old McFarlane and Zeck art last year for their "remastered" variants.
Post 31 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
i do not think this is reused art from 2015.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector Helric1 private msg quote post Address this user
http://bear1na.tumblr.com/post/121582645784/suicide-squad-harley-quinn-by-lee-jeehyung
I used to have this as my phones wallpaper which is the only reason I knew I had seen it before. i wasn't sure how long ago.
Post 33 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Oh but its not published art on a cover. Looks like a digital art piece from his Deviant Art page or something
Post 34 IP   flag post
597965 34 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?