Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector emme_jay private msg quote post Address this user
I want to sell this piece of Artwork from my brother's collection. I was on a different forum and the authenticity was questioned even though it was authenticated by CBCS. I was given a few estimates of its value but it couldn't hurt to get a few more.
I suppose the best route to sell this is via an auction house. Any suggestions? Not really a fan of Heritage and I'm pretty sure there is a minimum value amount needed to be met for them to auction it. I don't think I meet the requirement.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I'd contact Anthony's Comic Book Art about putting it on consignment. I can't say enough good things about the company and buying from them. I have never sold or consigned to them, but if I ever need to sell my original art collection, they are the ones I'd go to without batting an eye. He buys and does do consignments, so I'd imagine he could probably give you a fair estimate of the piece also.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thank you! I will do that.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Cowabunga_Kyle private msg quote post Address this user
Very fun!

Anyone heard of Mike Hoffman? He seems to be carrying the torch of Frazetta's style. Great artist.
Post 4 IP   flag post
@Masochism yeah, I follow him on Facebook. He definitely can do "Frazetta style" right!! But sometimes, I think his art just misses the mark. I haven't figured it out yet, but I can go from loving his work to wishing I'd never seen it. Most of his fantasy/sci-fi Frazetta stuff is excellent though. He actually has eBay listings to do commissions. I've often thought about getting one, but I haven't done it yet.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masochism
Very fun!

Anyone heard of Mike Hoffman? He seems to be carrying the torch of Frazetta's style. Great artist.

I just checked him out. Very nice! He's definitely channeling Frazetta.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Cowabunga_Kyle private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O I bought a book of Marvel history off of him and had no idea who he was. He told me he was an artist so I had him draw a sketch of a character of mine, Pouches and he did a great job.

Post 7 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Frazetta? Never heard of her. I'll give ya $20 for it.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O I just sent him and email.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by emme_jay

Anthony's art??? Cool. They are a business, so I don't know if you'll hear from them before Monday, but I'd love to hear what he had to say and what your opinion of them is from a seller/consignor standpoint.

@Masochism that turned out pretty cool!!! The thing I like best of his are his sci-fi/fantasy backgrounds!!! I really like what he did on yours.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@Jesse_O I bought a book of Marvel history off of him and had no idea who he was. He told me he was an artist so I had him draw a sketch of a character of mine, Pouches and he did a great job.

I like that a lot. It almost has a Dave Stevens feel to it.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:

Anthony's art??? Cool. They are a business, so I don't know if you'll hear from them before Monday, but I'd love to hear what he had to say and what your opinion of them is from a seller/consignor standpoint.

Ah, that's right, it's the weekend. I will keep you posted.
Post 12 IP   flag post
@emme_jay Did you ever hear back from anyone at Anthony's???
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Terry88 private msg quote post Address this user
I've bought quite a bit of stuff from Anthony, they run a great shop.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Very fun!

I own a Vampirella sketch by him (Hoffman). I in fact bought it due to the Frazetta influence.

Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:

I had three close friends pass away in the past two weeks. When Anthony contacted me, I was attending a funeral. I had another this past Friday and I have one more to go to this week. I haven't really looked into anything since he contacted me. I'm going to try to get my head back in the game for a few days. I need a distraction from all the tragedy and sadness. All three friends were under were under 50. All unexpected deaths It just sucks. I'm hoping 2019 has nowhere else to go but up. Fingers crossed.
Post 16 IP   flag post
@emme_jay I'm sorry to hear that. Death is hard enough to handle when it is with the elderly or when you know it is coming. But when people pass too young and unexpectedly it shakes us up. Take care.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

I had three close friends pass away in the past two weeks. When Anthony contacted me, I was attending a funeral. I had another this past Friday and I have one more to go to this week. I haven't really looked into anything since he contacted me. I'm going to try to get my head back in the game for a few days. I need a distraction from all the tragedy and sadness. All three friends were under were under 50. All unexpected deaths It just sucks. I'm hoping 2019 has nowhere else to go but up. Fingers crossed.
So sorry to hear that. For me comic book collecting,bagging and boarding,etc is one of my escapes from reality sometimes. It helps me to relax. I hope you can find some peace.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector Odins_Raven private msg quote post Address this user
@emme_jay My sincere condolences for your friends. Mind if I ask why not Heritage? They seem to draw the largest contingency of buyers.
Post 19 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@emme_jay - So sorry about the loss of your friends. Definitely give yourself some time to grieve and heal.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odins_Raven
@emme_jay My sincere condolences for your friends. Mind if I ask why not Heritage? They seem to draw the largest contingency of buyers.
I tried connecting with them on two different occasions regarding comics and another collection I was interested in auctioning. Filled out the forms, sent emails with pictures attached and got no response. I also tried to talk to them at NYCC and they just didn't seem very interested. I'm not going to beg them to auction my collections. I'm not keen on auction houses in general. I had a bad experience with the last one I used for a different collection. I know I'd get better exposure using them. I don't think like not having any control over what something sells for though.
Post 21 IP   flag post
@BrianGreensnips Yes, it really is a good and welcome distraction.
Post 22 IP   flag post
601440 22 22
This topic is archived. Start new topic?