Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeGrading Help NeededQuestions

I acquired a 9.8 CGC book...with wrong label828

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I acquired a 9.8 CGC book this morning...with wrong label across top. Nowhere does the label mention "Error Edition" or "Manufacturer's Error". I literally STOLE this comic book for a song and wish to get it correctly labeled as an "Error Edition" at CBCS with the new label. I should send it still slabbed so I maintain the 9.8 grade, right? Is it possible to get a 9.9 or even a 10.0?

Anyway, the comic in question is a "How to Draw Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1 Error Edition. This comic was put on a destroy list at Mirage Studios. (clearly as such, with the white background on cover) The correct regular ones had a yellow background cover. Here's more info on it: How To Draw
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
#1 Error Edition (no yellow on cover)

Do I request a reholder or a regrade? Or both?!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
CBCS will not just reholder a CGC slab. It has to be regraded. But great score!!!!
Post 2 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Great! I want CBCS to regrade anyway. I immediately noticed the white background and snatched it up quick! My last question: Has any books ever come back with a higher grade or even a 10.0?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Swampy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
I should send it still slabbed so I maintain the 9.8 grade, right?

It doesn't matter if you send it in slabbed or not.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector roarzola private msg quote post Address this user
Here I go again, pulling out my TMNT issues, looking for errors.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Dude ask me anything I know everything about turtles. E V E R Y T H I N G
Post 6 IP   flag post
I've got a TMNT comic question. Why did my TMNT Adventures #1 (1988) take a jump the last few months? Is it seriously because it's the first appearances of Krang, Bebop, Rocksteady and the Foot soldiers? Or is there more to it?

Post 7 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke ((( This is not the slab you are looking for. You do not want to regrade this book. You want to sell it to Darth. )))
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
I've got a TMNT comic question. Why did my TMNT Adventures #1 (1988) take a jump the last few months? Is it seriously because it's the first appearances of Krang, Bebop, Rocksteady and the Foot soldiers? Or is there more to it?

That book goes up and down. It actually went down this year to $20. The cartoon gained popularity and vice versa so the older stuff rises and falls. Unfortunately Archie Comics and Harvey Comics aren't worth the paper they are printed on. The only reason why the very original stuff is valuable is because it was all printed on newspaper print paper and its gotten very yellowed in the past 10 years on everyone's 30 year old collections. My stuff is white to off-white pages because I store everything dark and dry.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
@kaptainmyke ((( This is not the slab you are looking for. You do not want to regrade this book. You want to sell it to Darth. )))

Sell it to you for $150
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Jeremy_K private msg quote post Address this user
If you wanna flip it I'd send it back to cgc for a reholder. If you live anywhere close to grand rapids take it to that con for a signing; then cbcs.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Don't send it to CGC for them to screw it up again, send it to CBCS.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
CBCS will not just reholder a CGC slab. It has to be regraded. But great score!!!!

I just bought at an auction a CGC graded 9.4, MARVEL (May/1979), The BLACK PANTHER #15. When I got it I saw that the back (only) of the slab was cracked from sided to side. If I have CBCS reholder it do they have to regrade it also? I'm guessing they would but don't know what the cost would be.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafel
Quote:

I just bought at an auction a CGC graded 9.4, MARVEL (May/1979), The BLACK PANTHER #15. When I got it I saw that the back (only) of the slab was cracked from sided to side. If I have CBCS reholder it do they have to regrade it also? I'm guessing they would but don't know what the cost would be.

Yes, they would regrade it. You would just treat it like a raw comic on the submission form.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Jeremy_K private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Don't send it to CGC for them to screw it up again, send it to CBCS.

At least wait for cgc to not be screwing up books. However a legion of cgc zombies seems to like waves rings and bubbles; you can always sell it to them.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector svgcomics181 private msg quote post Address this user
@Rafel i would send it to a presser and then have it regraded by cbcs
Post 16 IP   flag post
Yeah but is it even possible to get a 10.0?
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by svgcomics181
Quote:
Originally Posted by svgcomics181

I plan to send it to CBCS but pressed first? Why, it's 9.4 already.
Post 18 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke 10.0 do happen, they are very rare, even 9.9 are rare.
Post 19 IP   flag post
How to Draw TMNT #1 Error Edition (No yellow on cover) Here she is:

Mailing it and a backwards cover error edition to TMNT V2 #13 off tomorrow to CBCS immediately as is.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Wait, how do I do this? I processed the order and I hope it's not too late but I just submitted it as a $18 modern age book for grading is that okay? I didn't see an option for "Re-Grade".

Anyone help?
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Wait, how do I do this? I processed the order and I hope it's not too late but I just submitted it as a $18 modern age book for grading is that okay? I didn't see an option for "Re-Grade".

Anyone help?

Since no one who has submitted a CGC slab has chimed in yet, I BELIEVE you did that the correct way. CBCS does not "reholder" or "regrade" CGC slabs. They will honor a yellow label, but that is it. A submission like this, would just be submitted under the proper tier like a raw book. At least, that is the way I understand it.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Sweet I was hoping you'd chime in. I thought about doing the little @ thing with your name but lookie here you hooked me up thanks!
Post 23 IP   flag post
LOL!! No problem!!
Post 24 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke yep, you submit it just the same as if it was a raw book. P.S. Let me know when that thing comes back to you.

(Unless it comes back with rivets, lol)
Post 25 IP   flag post
601288 25 25
This topic is archived. Start new topic?