Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
MemorabiliaMovies TelevisionPop CultureRaw Comics For SaleToys

Superman Giant #7 Wal-Mart exclusive - recall?8266

Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
They are still out there. I have two local Wal-Mart's where I live & one just put out the issue last night.

They had five copies, but all were beat-up pretty badly cept for the copy I bought. So keep looking. (Maybe the employees at your local Wal-Mart are just slack/lazy & didn't put the issue out yet.)

Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
being fair and keeping it straight wal mart employees do not handle comics magazines and books These are considered vendor items normally handled by a vendor who visits the store daily
Post 52 IP   flag post
@Darkseid_of_town ah, good too know. Thx
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
My co worker who is newer into comic books will be the new recipient of these. He let me borrow his Injustice graphic novel that I am currently reading. I will get the Hush GN back and then he can borrow part 2. The other 3 books he gets to keep and will hopefully keep him hooked as a new collector. I hope he likes them.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
My co worker who is newer into comic books will be the new recipient of these. He let me borrow his Injustice graphic novel that I am currently reading. I will get the Hush GN back and then he can borrow part 2. The other 3 books he gets to keep and will hopefully keep him hooked as a new collector. I hope he likes them.

Those other books look like parts of a 4 pack from Five Below.
Post 55 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips

Those other books look like parts of a 4 pack from Five Below.
No, just books that I had doubles of and I know he likes Flash.
Post 56 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
I called our Walmart that carries those and they had run out 4 days ago. Just my luck.
Post 57 IP   flag post
Collector teacha777 private msg quote post Address this user
Where would these be located in Walmart? At the books and magazine section?
Post 58 IP   flag post
Collector Homer private msg quote post Address this user
Seems like this apparent recall is spurring sales of this comic. If its still on the shelf than it hasn't been recalled. Out of curiosity my Walmart had four copies.
Post 59 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by teacha777

In the front of the store near the self-checkouts, were the Magic the Gathering, Pokemon, Yugio, etc cards are.
Post 60 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer
Seems like this apparent recall is spurring sales of this comic. If its still on the shelf than it hasn't been recalled. Out of curiosity my Walmart had four copies.
realising it was a hype article?

Did its job for both dc and Walmart.
Post 61 IP   flag post
Collector Homer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
Quote:

In the front of the store near the self-checkouts, were the Magic the Gathering, Pokemon, Yugio, etc cards are.

Same as my stores location.
Post 62 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer
realising it was a hype article?

Did its job for both dc and Walmart.

12 pages of Lois Lane being tortured and murdered, even if it just in Superman’s imagination is nothing to be sneezed at. Although I think Superman also could kill her with a sneeze.
Post 63 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone make any money on this? I posted earlier that I would be driving to 6 Walmarts for a total of 325 miles and ideally would find 50 copies. Fortunately I decided to eat two pints of ice cream and fall asleep watching TV instead. Still haven't gotten around to getting a copy yet.
Post 64 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
Ebay is flooded
Post 65 IP   flag post
I sold one (of my four copies) for $23.00.
Post 66 IP   flag post
I have one(out of 3) potential 9.8. Plan on getting it signed by King and kubert.
Post 67 IP   flag post
Sold one for $18 when the hype started. Just sold another for $15. Will now list my last copy and be done.
Post 68 IP   flag post
Quote:
Sold one for $18 when the hype started. Just sold another for $15. Will now list my last copy and be done.
Good to hear there is still some demand.
Post 69 IP   flag post
Is something going on? Just sold another copy. I'm now out! Need to go find some more.
Post 70 IP   flag post
Very Interesting. Nothing new that I heard.
Post 71 IP   flag post
9 sales today on the bay and I found another NM copy buried amongst 7 or so VF copies.
Post 72 IP   flag post
Quote:
9 sales today on the bay and I found another NM copy buried amongst 7 or so VF copies.
What was the going price on the 9 that sold? I plan to bring 2 or 3 with me to the show this weekend.
Post 73 IP   flag post
Quote:

Walmart is still getting new shipments?
Post 74 IP   flag post
Collector Squack private msg quote post Address this user

Looks like it. Mine had two copies that were not there last week. Both were damaged, though, so could have been returned.
Post 75 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

I went back to stores that I know hadn’t received or put them out yet. I could tell because Batman,JL or Teen Titans #7 were not on the shelf either...and the stores I found Superman #7 had all 4 comics displayed.

Not sure if they get multiple shipments of the same issue. I suppose it’s possible they could order more if they sold out...
Post 76 IP   flag post
Collector Dshel61 private msg quote post Address this user
Well seeing all the action on this book, and the ability to still find them on the shelves, am I right in saying that it looks like this book isn't getting recalled after all.
Post 77 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
No recall so far but it's also kpw out of date and being replaced by issue eight
Post 78 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Post 79 IP   flag post
601338 79 29
This topic is archived. Start new topic?