Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
MemorabiliaMovies TelevisionPop CultureRaw Comics For SaleToys

Superman Giant #7 Wal-Mart exclusive - recall?8266

Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Read all about it. Click here for the story.

I just went to my local Wal-Mart and bought three copies. (They had four but one was damaged.) Get it before its recalled.

Pics of my three.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector bigbill private msg quote post Address this user
Any links about the recall?
Post 2 IP   flag post
@bigbill just the link I included above. It was just released today, by tomorrow it will probably have more press coverage with a recall.
Post 3 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Doesn't sound like something that interests me. Thanks for the head's up, though.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
$27 and up on eBay... no thanks.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
$27 and up on eBay... no thanks.

That's why ya can get them at Wal-Mart right now for cover price of $4.99 plus tax. I just paid a little over $15 for three.
That is if ya can find them & your local Wal-Mart is one of the stores that has it in stock. That's why I wanted to give you guys a heads up.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
The Wal-Mart stores around me are full of less than desirable clientele. It's a hard pass from me.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
I have several Walmarts near me, they don't carry them
Post 8 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
There are 6 Wal-Marts within a 50 mile radius of me. I'm about to drink some coffee and ideally find over 50 copies. The route I've planned through all of them will be about 325 miles. I may have to sleep in my car until the morning for the non 24 hour stores.
Post 9 IP   flag post
@flanders dang, now that's dedication! I hope you find some, which I'm sure you will. Good luck & drive safe.
They are normally at the front of the store, where the Yugo or Pokemon cards (or whatever they are called) are located. But all stores have different layouts.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Ug, I was just there today too. Will swing by a 24 hr one on my way to work tomorrow. See if it’s there.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Truth be told, I thought when clicked on the link to the article this issue was going to have something to do with Superman’s penis...
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
much easier to ask at a wal mart for an associate to either verify in their hand held device or call the other stores and save all that driving and etc
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Notorious comics are my forte, so many thanks, GanaSoth🍺
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Batman79 private msg quote post Address this user
Nabbed 3 this morning. Thanks for the heads up..let's see if more press coverage helps get more attention. Not too bad for a little $15 investment.
Post 15 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
I checked a few of the Walmarts around metro Detroit area and even a couple in Indiana when these books started; nada.

Found some in southern Indiana but it’s not exactly worth the trip.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Found 4. Left 3 as they were very fine at best. All damaged to some degree. Hit 2 places....one had no copies of #7 but 10 copies of all the issue #6s..so knowing I saw Batman, JL and Teen Titans #7 with Supes at the other store they just haven't put them out yet.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector Noblebeast315 private msg quote post Address this user
Where exactly would you find a comic book in wall mart? I’ve never bought a comic from Walmart before. I’m barely ever in a Walmart as it is.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector Dshel61 private msg quote post Address this user
How do recalled comics generally do on the resale market?
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
@Noblebeast315 up.front with trading cards by the self.chexkouts and.cash.registers
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
If it gets recalled, they will all be snatched up first. Lol
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
This book by Tom King and art by Andy Kubert is more graphic than any of Tom's writing in the regular Batman book which at times could be edgy. After reading it, IMO, I feel that this book should be recalled.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector jgzachary13 private msg quote post Address this user
What section are these things in? The book area? I presume they are not with toys.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgzachary13
What section are these things in? The book area? I presume they are not with toys.

Usually by the checkout or with the collectibles (Magic Cards, Pokemon Cards etc...)
Post 24 IP   flag post
Thank you!
Post 25 IP   flag post
Two Walmarts and nothing. I may be doing something wrong though. Thanks for the help @Paulbg2000
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgzachary13
Two Walmarts and nothing. I may be doing something wrong though. Thanks for the help @Paulbg2000

You're looking for this...

Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Noblebeast315 private msg quote post Address this user
Four Walmarts and nothing. I’m pretty sure they have already been pulled. I was starting to get excited about reading this “controversial”Story.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@Paulbg2000 we don't have them at our Canadian Walmarts do we??
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
They do tend to be pretty beat up in my experience
Post 30 IP   flag post
601455 79 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?