Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
SignaturesSigning Opportunities

A message from George Perez8254

Collector Cowabunga_Kyle private msg quote post Address this user

DATE : JANUARY 19, 2019

To all my loyal and kind fans who have supported me throughout the decades,

In recent months, there has been a great deal of speculation as to the future of my career, my health, my ability to draw and my future convention appearances. As a result, I would like to clear up everything first hand so that, hopefully, any rumors, speculation and misinformation can be laid to rest.

With respect to future published work in comics and such ... while I know it’s been no secret that I’ve been dealing with a myriad number of health issues (diabetes, heart ailments, vision issues, etc.), they have indeed have forced me to, for all intents and purposes, formally retire from the business of creating new comic stories.

As for home commission requests, I’m afraid that my retirement must now extend to privately commissioned drawings as well. While I am gratified that all of the customers who have received their pieces were more than pleased with the results, some even consequently commissioning more of them, it’s just becoming too much of a strain on my eyes to produce the fully rendered ink and pencil-tone pieces on a quality level that justifies the price I’m being paid for them.

In regards to convention sketches, I will need to cut back on those as well. While I will no longer sketch at the conventions themselves, I will, through my art agent Spencer Beck of The Artists Choice, be taking orders for 5 ( FIVE ) con-style head sketches, per convention day that I am in attendance which will be done at home to be collected at the conventions. Fans placing orders must be personally present to pick up the piece , NO PROXIES. The price for these will be a good deal pricier than in the past, going for $100 each, but please take some solace that all the monies I earn for these sketches, as well as my appearance fees, will be donated to various charities. To place an order, or for initial details, please contact Spencer / The Artist's Choice directly at Spencerbck@aol.com. Any changes or further announcements will be made by Spencer and myself on his website theartistschoice.com/perez.htm and on my fan website george-perez.net

Furthermore, for those that are interested … although I will only be attending about six conventions this year and one make up convention in 2020 ( *** see below for complete schedule ) 2019 will more than likely be my last year touring this great land meeting so many great fans. As the next decade begins, I have two shows, Dragon Con and Fetish Con that have personal meaning to me which I intend to attend yearly unless circumstances prevent it … but, for all intents, 2019 will wind down that part of my career as well. The good news is, even though I will not be sketching at the shows, I will still be autographing and be available for photo ops, and, as has been my policy throughout my career, I will not be charging for either.

In closing, please don’t feel sorry for me about all these life and career changes. Thankfully I earn more than enough income through royalties to have a comfortable life wherein I may never need to work again. Unless, of course, something really tempting comes along and I’m given sufficient lead time. Hey, you never know.

Long story short, I will be just fine. I’ve had a wonderfully good run doing exactly what I have wanted to do since I was a child. Now I can sit back and watch the stuff I helped create entertain whole new generations. That’s a pretty nice legacy to look back on.

And so much of that is thanks to all of you, the GREATEST fans in the world. I am humbled and forever grateful.

Wishing you all a safe, happy and healthy 2019 and beyond,

UPDATE: Mr. Perez will not be accepting requests until approximately 30 days before each specific show. Sketches will be approved at one per person, family or address. First come, First serve. So , please check back 30 days before the show. He will only be doing 9 x 12 head shots and they must be paid for in full at the time the order is accepted.

2019 CONVENTION SCHEDULE

AMAZING COMIC CON ALOHA - FEBRUARY 22 to 24, 2019 - www.amazingcomicconaloha.com

C2E2 - MARCH 22 to 24, 2019 - www.c2e2.com

EAST COAST COMIC CON - MAY 17 to 19, 2019 - www.eastcoastcomicon.com

NIAGARA FALLS COMICS CON - JUNE 7 to 9, 2019 - niagarafallscomiccon.com

TERRIFICON - AUGUST 9 to 11, 2019 - www.terrificon.com ( FRIDAY ONLY )

FETISH CON - AUGUST 9 to 11, 2019 - http://fetishcon.com/ ( SATURDAY & SUNDAY ONLY )

DRAGON CON - AUGUST 29 to SEPTEMBER 2, 2019 - www.dragoncon.org
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@Masochism Thanks for posting this. GP is one of my all time favorites and a real class act. I wish him the best of health moving forward.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector TML_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
I agree, thanks for posting. It would be nice if CBCS was at all his last remaining cons for his fans, to pay homage to a legend.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Enjoy your retirement George. He's definitely earned it. Glad I commissioned him when I did.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user
Glad I had the pleasure of meeting him. He was very pleasant and friendly. He also did a sketch that I will treasure and is probably one of my most prized comics. His work and presence will be missed to say the least.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
I met him in 1981 and didn't know who he was. He was explaining how to draw the hairs on Wolverine's arms just the right size for publication because if you drew them too close together it just looked like a blob of black ink in the final product.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
It seems like one by one, the artists and creators of comics that I grew up with and thought were great are getting old, or worse. Thankfully Mr. Perez states that he is not lacking funds and "will be just fine." Here's to an amazing career and to hoping you are well and live a long and comfortable life. You brought life to many a flat piece of paper, turning it into something so much more than the some of its parts.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
I wasn't going to do the dinner with Mr. Perez but seeing as how this will be my last opportunity to do so I think I will!!!
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector donho private msg quote post Address this user
well even if the only show I had to see him in was the one in Florida. I am not really sure I could bring myself to go to Fetishcon. I do not believe that I would be able stay even 15 minutes. in the place. Wow what a con. and more power to mr perez to go. and I thought I had some kinks. not even close to these though. red faced I am while writing this to after visiting the site.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@donho sooooo I shouldn't look this con up on my work computer???
Post 10 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Ah yes, the finer things in life. Cheers, Mr. Perez!

Post 11 IP   flag post
It looks like a nip slip.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector DJC_II private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
It looks like a nip slip.
Eye second that
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector donho private msg quote post Address this user
@katkomics oh no. unless you have the screen shield. but I will admit I did explore it a bit. wow, wow , wow.
Post 14 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
The good thing with going to Florida is it'd be likely very few comic fans so you'd get to spend a good deal of time with George talking and getting autographs instead of having to fight through the hundreds of fans he attracts at comic related cons
Post 15 IP   flag post
Very few? I don't think I'd agree with that.
Post 16 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Very few? I don't think I'd agree with that.

granted the phrase very few is abstract. To be a bit less abstract, would "fewer than any of the major comic conventions" suffice?
The last thing I want to get into is a debate about the exact quantity of very few.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector Stantheman private msg quote post Address this user
Perez is one of the all time greats!
Sad to see him retire!
The fetishcon is hilarious!
I just learned a few years ago he was into that!
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector Sin private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
The good thing with going to Florida is it'd be likely very few comic fans so you'd get to spend a good deal of time with George talking and getting autographs instead of having to fight through the hundreds of fans he attracts at comic related cons

I think George will be more distracted with the sights.
Post 19 IP   flag post
597908 19 19
This topic is archived. Start new topic?