Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature ASP

Jack Kirby Signature Real?8250

Collector ozonetv private msg quote post Address this user
what do you think? Maybe an elderly Kirby?
Post 1 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
I would be concerned with this autograph.
Much of the Kirby autograph traits are in this signature; but it seems really forced and jagged.
Dunno - but whenever I'm in the "dunno" category, I avoid.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Well, the J looks legit, being that it is signed on a small portion on the comic inner page panel. Looks legit but I'm with @Nuffsaid111 - its hard to be sure on this one.

Post 3 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
looks real to me but unsure if it'd pass VSP for @Nuffsaid111 reasoning.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
I have several and it looks to be consistent with the ones I have.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
I have several and it looks to be consistent with the ones I have.

is there any way you can upload something close?

I sent it into an online authenticator for a quick opinion- he doesnt think its legit....heres his note:

It does differ somewhat from known exemplars, and it also appears it was signed with pauses in the signature that allowed the ink to bleed a bit where it shouldn't.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
Well, the J looks legit, being that it is signed on a small portion on the comic inner page panel. Looks legit but I'm with @Nuffsaid111 - its hard to be sure on this one.

Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user

Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user

Post 9 IP   flag post
Seem like the concensus is not the real thing- just wonder if the sig is inconsistent with the others since it was a thin space and being the artist that he is, didn’t want to go above the line...and he was more elderly so his hand was shakey.

We all know how stand sig changed over the years...Wonder if Kirby’s did too? Is there any elderly Kirby examples out there? All these look younger.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
always wondered what the ROZ signatures she signed supposedly as jack Kirby look like...be interesting to know
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
@ozonetv I don't know man, after sleeping on it & looking at it again this morning, it looks legit to me. But that's just my personal opinion.
Post 12 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
It looks real to me too just not sure it would get the red label at CBCS.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozonetv
Seem like the concensus is not the real thing- just wonder if the sig is inconsistent with the others since it was a thin space and being the artist that he is, didn’t want to go above the line...and he was more elderly so his hand was shakey.

We all know how stand sig changed over the years...Wonder if Kirby’s did too? Is there any elderly Kirby examples out there? All these look younger.

Here's an old one I purchased from Mike Royer.

Post 14 IP   flag post
601524 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?