Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeQuestions

Spider-Man 2099 is hot...why?8232

SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
I've searched for articles talking about this but I've come up empty. I keep close tabs on these two books, ASM 365 (1st app Spider-Man 2099) and his #1 because he is my favorite version of Spidey. I've noticed the 9.8 prices have been jumping fast in the last couple months for both but I don't see the catalyst. I though "Into the Spider-Verse" may have showed Spidey2099 (I haven't watched it) but people who have tell me he was not in it.

I've been trying to get a 9.8 Newsstand of ASM 365 for awhile; with the direct 9.8s going over $200 and no 9.8 newsies in sight I'm going to have to submit my best and cross my fingers. These were $90 in 9.8 less than 6 months ago. Spider-man 2099 1 was a $40 9.8 recently.

Top pic shows trend for Spider-Man 2099 1
Bottom shows ASM365

Post 1 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
He appeared at the end of the Spider Verse movie????
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector dartelum private msg quote post Address this user
Where is that site getting it's information? That one sold for $232.50 us on Jan 14/19.

Misinformation is everywhere be careful.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector dartelum private msg quote post Address this user
Never mind one did sell for 240 on jan 13 carry on my wayward son.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
I’m actually happy to see this spike. Have loved spidey 2099 since he came out. I hope it gets people / kids to actually read it.
Post 5 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
He appeared at the end of the Spider Verse movie????

I found one article mentioning he was in the post credit scene. It makes sense now.

I would love to see some more 2099 respect, especially Spider-Man. No complaints here. 😀
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector jgzachary13 private msg quote post Address this user
@Joosh Spiderman 2099 appeared in the post-credits scene of Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse. Moreover, based on the storyline, his purpose would be to correct or edit the timeline in the sequel that was already confirmed.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Yep, he's going to be a huge part of the sequel
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Topsykrets private msg quote post Address this user
spiderman 2099 end credit scene

Link is to YouTube
Post 9 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
I’m a bit bummed since the first appearance of Spider-Man 2099 is a Spider-Man anniversary issue and the cover hypes a Stan Lee/John Romita reunion and I won’t be able to get both of their siga on my copy now
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector dameki private msg quote post Address this user
Funny I picked up both those comics back in July and got them back from grading in November. Lucky me I avoided the price hike.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector teacha777 private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like it’s time to get my copies signed and pressed.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Thanks for the link!

Now to get a ASM365N 9.8...I’ve got a raw copy that looks fantastic.

Post 13 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I remember buying a ton of the number 1's in a comic book store. My first dive into buying more than 2 copies of a book. I remember a kid asking me if I was a dealer. I told him no, but I think one day it will be the book to have. (I had no idea what I was talking about)

It took only 16 years for this book to bear fruit...

Only problem now is finding the money to slab that many books... =)
Post 14 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Joosh

By the way. Thank you for making my morning.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
Aren't there millions of 2099 #1? It came right in the height of the boom and I remember soooo many on the shelves of my LCS for months..
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
I would be focused on selling as the 2nd movie approaches. There are just too many copies of these books out there to maintain value long-term. Even 3-4 years ago these were trash comics in the $1.00 bin you bought when it was 50% dollar bin comics. I think I have multiple copies of the direct edition #1. If you already had some I might hang on to them until right before the confirmed sequel, but spending a couple hundred on these seems like a waste of money from an investment standpoint. if you love 2099 and don't have these, it might be wise to buy now as you're looking at 7-10 years for the inflated prices to start coming back down (based on potential movie sequels). I'm still waiting for the inflated value of New Mutants #98 to drop. There are nearly 8,000 reported, graded New Mutants #98 over 9.6. Though Edge of Spider-verse #2 has to be the most inflated comic I've seen...
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
man...I gave away so many high grade 365's this year I can't keep count. now I have to go see if I have any left and if I gave away my newsstands like I like to do when Im not paying attention
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector lpgasdude private msg quote post Address this user
Ugh....I just sold like a 10 book lot on ebay with 2 #1's for $10 a month or so ago. Sat on them since new, nothing. Someone got lucky. Oh well.
Post 19 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
There's a sequel already in development and a spin-off movie with all female spiderpeople
Post 20 IP   flag post
Good news is these are very recently valuable. They can both still be found in $5 bins in NM.
The newsstand editions of either book in 9.6+ are the real challenge I’ve encountered and I’ve been searching for last 2yrs.
Post 21 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector 1243782365 private msg quote post Address this user
Look up how much Spider-Ham 2099 is selling for.

I don't expect these prices to stay where they are.
Post 23 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke Very nice, I've got 2 more 2nd prints going through CGC now, I'm afraid they wont hit 9.8 though. They are often damaged in the packaging from what I've seen.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1243782365

I'm assuming you mean Marvel Tails, featuring 1st Spider-Ham. I honestly have no love for this character so it's off my radar. Spidey 2099 prices are probably leveling off now, then will go up when sequel is announced, following the typical trends.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joosh
Quote:

I'm assuming you mean Marvel Tails, featuring 1st Spider-Ham. I honestly have no love for this character so it's off my radar. Spidey 2099 prices are probably leveling off now, then will go up when sequel is announced, following the typical trends.

No. I mean the first appearance of Spider-Ham 2099. What The ?! #26.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Wow. I thought that series didn't last past 5 issues!

Is that price jump recent?
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Last month since the movie. First "Ultimate" Spider-Ham has heated up as well but that's kind of off topic.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Last month since the movie. First "Ultimate" Spider-Ham has heated up as well but that's kind of off topic.

I knew about marvel tails 1. This one I’m scratching my head....probably a lot harder to find for sure...but also may be hiding out in dollar bins waiting to be discovered.
Post 30 IP   flag post
597875 33 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?