This Hulk 181 looks immaculate for the grade. If you check the notes it reads

Notes:
signature verified by BAS
small color touch to cover
small spine stress breaks color
small corner & edge wear to cover some breaks color front cover
crease top right corner front cover partially breaks color
distro ink middle top back cover

Does this mean Like the green/blue label you can now choose which label you get regarding restoration? (I know CBCS use the same colour for restored and unrestored label...I mean no notes on the label) Then it will get downgraded and resto not noted on the label?

I'm confused as to what is going on here

Post 1 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Interesting - Following.
Having a restoration note buried within graders notes is.... errr.... ummmmm..... interesting indeed.

Red should be for VSP; not for resto.
Post 2 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Following
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
The label should show "Restored". If this is true, probably the biggest F*ck up I have seen CBCS do to date. This is a serious mistake.

I've tried to get the label# or scan the QR code. Can't get either to work. Anyone have the Label number?
Post 4 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Are we certain those Notes belong to that book?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector matterus023 private msg quote post Address this user
Verified
Off-White/White

Signees:
Verified Sig: HERB TRIMPE.

Notes:
signature verified by BAS
small color touch to cover
small spine stress breaks color
small corner & edge wear to cover some breaks color front cover
crease top right corner front cover partially breaks color
distro ink middle top back cover
Post 7 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Someone PM me the serial number and I'll get someone to check on it in the morning.
Post 8 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Sounds like to me that for a book to receive a 5.5 for those defects that the color touch is treated more as a defect as opposed to a method of restoration.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
The label should show "Restored". This is probably the biggest F*ck up I have seen CBCS do to date. This is a serious mistake.

Lighten up, Francis.
Post 10 IP   flag post
@matterus023 How did you get the serial number? Too blurry on the picture.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Isn't blurry for me KingNampa

Not on my laptop anyway

18-43AF75D-002
Post 12 IP   flag post
@matterus023 TY Sir, here is screenshot of the notes

Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
What is “color touch.” Is it always restoration? What if it’s clearly unintentional, such as he wrong color? Or is is color touch always a term reserved for Restoration?
Post 14 IP   flag post
Color touch would always be considered resto. Since the resto isn't noted at the bottom of the label, I suspect it might be an error in the grader's notes, but I'll have to get someone to dig into it tomorrow.

Whose book is it, and where can I find it?
Post 15 IP   flag post
I don't want to mention whos comic it is out of professional courtesy. Tbh I don't think it matters anyway

Lets say the graders notes shouldn't have the resto part in......my next question would be, why is this a 5.5
Post 16 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by matterus023
Tbh I don't think it matters anyway

Of course it does.

Putting the seller in contact with CBCS would be the normal course of action to get something fixed, unless the intent is to simply rub some noses in shit? Kinda reminds me of that guy selling the CGC error book on ebay.

‘spose I’m just not clear on your intentions 🤔
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Quote:

Of course it does.

Putting the seller in contact with CBCS would be the normal course of action to get something fixed, unless the intent is to simply rub some noses in shit? Kinda reminds me of that guy selling the CGC error book on ebay.

What an aggressive response.

Not sure why you are attacking me. The person who owns this has it for sale on their website. He is a grown man and if he wishes to get in touch with CBCS I am sure he will or has.

My intentions are crystal clear. I want to understand why this particular label doesn't have the restoration mentioned and whether the comic has been downgraded because of said restoration

Acting like you are and trying to attack me just takes this off point. Possibly that is your intention

Tut tut

My post more than has its place on here. The fact you are being so dramatic over such a simple post suggests to me that you think this could potentially be a big mistake. It could of course be nothing and I'm sure we will get an answer soon enough. Until then try to have a pinch of class

I look forward to your predictable response ☺
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
FYI - CGC seems to have a slightly different approach as they do allow small amount of Color Touch on GA books. Just saying

Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Of course it does.

Not sure why you are attacking me. The person who owns this has it for sale on their website. He is a grown man and if he wishes to get in touch with CBCS I am sure he will or has.

My intentions are crystal clear. I want to understand why this particular label doesn't have the restoration mentioned and whether the comic has been downgraded because of said restoration

Acting like you are and trying to attack me just takes this off point. Possibly that is your intention

Tut tut

My post more than has its place on here. The fact you are being so dramatic over such a simple post suggests to me that you think this could potentially be a big mistake. It could of course be nothing and I'm sure we will get an answer soon enough. Until then try to have a pinch of class

@shrewbeer is trying to say that Steve is asking you who owns the book because he want to be proactive and be able to address the issue with the right person. So @shrewbeer is saying, why bring it up and seem to not really care what happens.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
FYI - CGC seems to have a slightly different approach as they do allow small amount of Color Touch on GA books. Just saying

Yes for GA books I have seen this a handful of times with CGC.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Of course it does.

Tut tut

@shrewbeer is trying to say that Steve is asking you who owns the book because he want to be proactive and be able to address the issue with the right person. So @shrewbeer is saying, why bring it up and seem to not really care what happens.

As I say the bloke has it for sale on his page...he is a well known dealer and knows all the avenues open to him. If he felt like he wanted to get hold of CBCS he would have no problem doing so.

I'm not here to give or show care about a grown man's choice. For all I know he has already spoke with CBCS. I am bringing something up that I feel needs addressing...and I feel many ohers are now interested as well.

So that to one side........
Post 22 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Yes for GA books I have seen this a handful of times with CGC.

And glue.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Is this a new thing? I had CGC slab my Batman 42 a few years ago, and it came back with the purple label of death. I bought it from someone I thought was a reputable dealer who said it was completely unrestored. I looked at it with a black light and saw no problem, but CGC claimed there was a slight color touch on the cover and gave it purple with the A-1 designation.

Have always thought the book deserved a higher grade regardless (come to think of it, there were two books in that batch I think were badly misgraded - which is why I quit CGC), but if they're now ignoring small color touch on GA books...
Post 24 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
@matterus023 my post was not meant to be an attack, hence the question of intent.

What I don’t understand is why the source is a secret
Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@matterus023 my post was not meant to be an attack, hence the question of intent.

It's being advertised as unrestored...

https://incognitocomics.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=149&product_id=3321
Post 26 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Hmm that's a shame. Happens to all of us. This one elluded me as well because there is a tiny bit of map pencils color touch at middle spine.

I sent it back to cgc and they are doing the restoration removal for me.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:

I have been on social media for long enough now to see some outrageous things said off the back of nothing.

So where I can I choose not to bring anyone's name up directly incase someone tries to attack them for no reason.

That is the only reason why 👍
Post 28 IP   flag post
After having the book in question researched through our system, it was found that the comic does not have any restoration and I had the developers remove the note. When putting in grader's notes, the graders type out codes that the system converts into notes, and this note was entered on accident by a new grader when he was grading the book. It's basically shorthand code so the graders don't spend their day typing, they just type a few letters and the system fills out the phrase in the note. The finalizer didn't delete the incorrect note before it went out.

So, no resto on the book. The note is fixed. Thanks for bringing it to our attention so it could be addressed.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
After having the book in question researched through our system, it was found that the comic does not have any restoration and I had the developers remove the note. When putting in grader's notes, the graders type out codes that the system converts into notes, and this note was entered on accident by a new grader when he was grading the book. It's basically shorthand code so the graders don't spend their day typing, they just type a few letters and the system fills out the phrase in the note. The finalizer didn't delete the incorrect note before it went out.

So, no resto on the book. The note is fixed. Thanks for bringing it to our attention so it could be addressed.
Way to be proactive Steve. 👍
Post 30 IP   flag post
601505 33 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?