Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedGrading Help NeededQuestions

How much will this reduce book grade?822

Collector ibrcn private msg quote post Address this user
How much will this book be down graded if the only flaws are these? The spine fold that break color on full book edge and corner blunt showing on picture. Thanks.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector cjbehr948 private msg quote post Address this user
It shouldn't hurt it that much. Maybe in the 9.2 to 9.6 range if I had to guess just going by that. I doubt it would be lower than a 9.0. Definitely a good book to get graded right now!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
I concure with cjbehr948.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Thanks for the input cjbehr948. I will be getting this book graded. I just need to know for future grading purposes what each of these flaws individually will do to the grade of a book. I'm learning to grade my books.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibrcn
How much will this book be down graded if the only flaws are these? The spine fold that break color on full book edge and corner blunt showing on picture. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibrcn

You would have to post up scans of the FC and BC to get anything more than just a approximated guess.

I'd suggest having the book pressed,despite the fact that the main flaws you noted will not be all that effected by a press.

Joe at CFP does good work and does not charge all that much, either.

No rush to get this book graded, it is selling for around $800 in 9.8, down a couple hundred on average since the high point of the 4/2016-6/2016, which was about $1000.IIRC, the last CBCS 9.8 sold for $850, more than the last CGC 9.8.

The show has a strong following, it will be on AMC for years to come and the ratings are trending upward.

Full disclosure:
I own 1 graded 9.6 SS (Fabry sketch) and 2 raws of #1, multiples of most other issues as well....most of which I am waiting to have graded til I get Ennis to sign them.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Thanks CopperAgeKids, I'm not looking for grading on the entire book. Just looking to get an idea on how to grade books with these defects on it for future books. Also thanks for the heads up on the pricing and CFP service, Cheers
Post 6 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@ibrcn It's the collective overall defects of the entire book that determines the grade, you could have several books all with the same single defect, all with different grades because of other defects or lack thereof.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
@ibrcn It's the collective overall defects of the entire book that determines the grade, you could have several books all with the same single defect, all with different grades because of other defects or lack thereof.

Can you expound upon this a little more please? I've submitted some books for the first time, and while I wait I want an idea of what I will be getting back as far as grades. Is there some point system cheat sheet that says how many of each defect brings you down from 10 to 9.8 to 9.6, etc? Thanks
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkga
Quote:

Can you expound upon this a little more please? I've submitted some books for the first time, and while I wait I want an idea of what I will be getting back as far as grades. Is there some point system cheat sheet that says how many of each defect brings you down from 10 to 9.8 to 9.6, etc? Thanks

I don't know what CBCS uses. This is what I use to grade my collection, outdated as it may be.

Post 9 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@Darkga If you can find yourself a copy of this book it will help you greatly.

Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkga
Quote:

I don't know what CBCS uses. This is what I use to grade my collection, outdated as it may be.

Perfect, thanks!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:

Thanks for the insight. All things being equal if this is the only thing wrong with this book and all else is perfect, what grade will it get?
I understand that other flaws on other books will decide the outcome of the grade. I will make that determination according to each book. I'm just not how much these flaws effect grade especially the fold crease since it's basically production error.
Cheers.
Post 12 IP   flag post
600641 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?