Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCertified Comics For SaleComics Copper AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver Age

Mail Call Friday, January 11, 20198205

Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
So I picked up my CBCS books today. These books were submitted at Wizard World Philadelphia in May for both pressing and grading. I was happy with the grades on all of the books except for the GI Joe # 1. I will post the grader's notes below along with the front and back cover scans. Please take a look and let me know what I am missing here.

Notes:
spine stress breaks color
excessive distro ink along spine
small stain right front cover

At the forums across the street the distributor ink seems to not be a big deal. I know stains cause huge hits, but from the image I cannot locate it. It's usually easier to pick up from the inside of the cover, but it's a little late for that.

I'm sure your stomach turned, because mine would. Mine turns when I think a book is anywhere from 9.4-9.2 comes back as an 8.0.....had a few NYCC pressed books come back like that
Post 26 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@drchaos - Some nice books, Corey. Welcome to the looks 8+, but thanks to “small stain” it’s in the 6’s club. I can’t see the stain on the front cover, but that lower right corner seems rounded. Based on the notes, I am surprised it didn’t get a checkmark. I also think because the first issue of that series was printed on high-quality Baxter paper, that issue has to be near perfect to get a 9.6 or 9.8.
Post 27 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@drchaos - Some nice books, Corey. Welcome to the looks 8+, but thanks to “small stain” it’s in the 6’s club. I can’t see the stain on the front cover, but that lower right corner seems rounded. Based on the notes, I am surprised it didn’t get a checkmark. I also think because the first issue of that series was printed on high-quality Baxter paper, that issue has to be near perfect to get a 9.6 or 9.8.

I used my magnifying glass but could not see any stain on the front cover myself. The blue distributor ink can clearly been seen but since when is that a big deal?

They grade may well be accurate but I am both disappointed and confused.
Post 28 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone know if CBCS will encapsulate Cherry Poptart books?
I see Larry Welz is at Big Apple and would love to use CBCS as a witnessed signature.
Post 29 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Anyone know if CBCS will encapsulate Cherry Poptart books?
I see Larry Welz is at Big Apple and would love to use CBCS as a witnessed signature.

I want to do the same.

I am not sure about CBCS but I have this one graded by the other guys:

Post 30 IP   flag post

Get ready for some fireworks!

CBCS just finished grading my invoice from the Toronto Fan Expo (First week of September) with a total of 105 books. I will post them here when they arrive.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
@drchaos I blame you for the long TATs
Post 32 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcanes
@drchaos I blame you for the long TATs

I gave CBCS over 400 books at the Rhode Island show. Any delays in early Spring are totally my fault.
Post 33 IP   flag post
I opened three boxes received from Texas today.

When I realized that I was missing a few books from my order I checked the vendor website only to learn that the fourth box (also shipped from Texas) was somehow routed through the follwing USPS distribution center:

January 30, 2019, 10:55 pm
Departed USPS Regional Facility
HONOLULU HI DISTRIBUTION CENTER

January 30, 2019, 1:59 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
HONOLULU HI DISTRIBUTION CENTER

While all of us have been freezing our asses from the polar vortex my books decided to go surfing.

Post 34 IP   flag post
Received 105 books from CBCS today. These books were submitted at Toronto Fan Expo at the end of August. I will have scans up shortly.

First I will post Friday's books which are now available on ebay.

Post 35 IP   flag post

Post 36 IP   flag post

Post 37 IP   flag post

Post 38 IP   flag post

Post 39 IP   flag post

Post 40 IP   flag post

Post 41 IP   flag post
Big day today.

First I drove to Comic Connect in NYC to pick up my latest auction wins as well as 20 consignment books I am pulling to list on ebay.

I also finished scanning the 105 books I received from CBCS aside from 10 that I submitted for a friend.

It may be about a week until I have all of these listed on ebay.

Here we go:

Post 42 IP   flag post

Post 43 IP   flag post

Post 44 IP   flag post

Post 45 IP   flag post

Post 46 IP   flag post

Post 47 IP   flag post

Two copies of the last one in the same grade:

Post 48 IP   flag post

Two copies of this one in the same grade:

Post 49 IP   flag post
Two copies of this book in the same grade:

Two of these in the same grade as well:

Post 50 IP   flag post
I got some of these for a friend and a total of 25 for myself.

The grades were 1 X 9.4, 3 X 9.6, 21 X 9.8 all double signed by Scott Snyder & Greg Capullo.

I will share one in each grade here:

Post 51 IP   flag post

I got four of these in the same grade:

Post 52 IP   flag post

Post 53 IP   flag post

Post 54 IP   flag post

Post 55 IP   flag post
600803 87 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?