Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCertified Comics For SaleComics Copper AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver Age

Mail Call Friday, January 11, 20198205

I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
I just received my latest auction wins from one source today. I should be getting my other auction wins tomorrow.

Also, CBCS notified me that one of my invoices submitted at Terrificon in August is ready to be shipped.

Here are the books:

Post 1 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user

Post 2 IP   flag post

Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector daywalker private msg quote post Address this user
Killer books! Especially the Evil Ernie!
Post 4 IP   flag post

Post 5 IP   flag post

That is all for today.

I should have the real fireworks starting tomorrow.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
@drchaos Evil Ernie #1 @ 9.4 ?
That's unheard of....
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Batman79 private msg quote post Address this user
Good stuff! Looks like it was worth the wait...hmm, if you got your stuff from august, hopefully next month I may get my stuff from September's baltimore comic-con! I won't hold my breath, but I will keep optimistic!
Post 8 IP   flag post
@Batman79 August stuff just shipped out today. This group is three weeks of auction wins from one source.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Finally had a chance to scan the auction wins I got in Monday.

Post 10 IP   flag post

Post 11 IP   flag post

Post 12 IP   flag post

Post 13 IP   flag post
Yesterday I received 17 books from CBCS that I submitted for grading (without pressing) at Terrificon in the middle of August. Here are the now graded books:

Post 14 IP   flag post

Post 15 IP   flag post

Post 16 IP   flag post

Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Just received this today. #254 out of #750

Post 18 IP   flag post
As of five minutes ago, all of the books I posted in this thread are now available for sale in my ebay store.

Stay tuned for more great bargains coming soon!
Post 19 IP   flag post
I was just notified that the books I submitted for pressing and grading at Wizard World Philadelphia in May were sent out this afternoon. I will post them here when they arrive next week.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
@drchaos great books as usual.

Where was Rob Guillory's signing? I've enjoyed his style since Chew
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcanes
@drchaos great books as usual.

Where was Rob Guillory's signing? I've enjoyed his style since Chew

He was in Boston last year.

He signed five of my books and did poyo sketches on two Demon Chicken Poyo blank covers.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Thanks to the Fedex ninja that did not bother to ring my doorbell I won't have my CBCS books until I pick them up this afternoon.

I am also waiting for books from another source.

These two book came in a couple days ago:

If anyone is interested I have listed them both on ebay already.
Post 23 IP   flag post
So I picked up my CBCS books today. These books were submitted at Wizard World Philadelphia in May for both pressing and grading. I was happy with the grades on all of the books except for the GI Joe # 1. I will post the grader's notes below along with the front and back cover scans. Please take a look and let me know what I am missing here.

Notes:
spine stress breaks color
excessive distro ink along spine
small stain right front cover

Post 24 IP   flag post
Here are the other CBCS books I received today:

Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
So I picked up my CBCS books today. These books were submitted at Wizard World Philadelphia in May for both pressing and grading. I was happy with the grades on all of the books except for the GI Joe # 1. I will post the grader's notes below along with the front and back cover scans. Please take a look and let me know what I am missing here.

Notes:
spine stress breaks color
excessive distro ink along spine
small stain right front cover

At the forums across the street the distributor ink seems to not be a big deal. I know stains cause huge hits, but from the image I cannot locate it. It's usually easier to pick up from the inside of the cover, but it's a little late for that.

I'm sure your stomach turned, because mine would. Mine turns when I think a book is anywhere from 9.4-9.2 comes back as an 8.0.....had a few NYCC pressed books come back like that
Post 26 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@drchaos - Some nice books, Corey. Welcome to the looks 8+, but thanks to “small stain” it’s in the 6’s club. I can’t see the stain on the front cover, but that lower right corner seems rounded. Based on the notes, I am surprised it didn’t get a checkmark. I also think because the first issue of that series was printed on high-quality Baxter paper, that issue has to be near perfect to get a 9.6 or 9.8.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@drchaos - Some nice books, Corey. Welcome to the looks 8+, but thanks to “small stain” it’s in the 6’s club. I can’t see the stain on the front cover, but that lower right corner seems rounded. Based on the notes, I am surprised it didn’t get a checkmark. I also think because the first issue of that series was printed on high-quality Baxter paper, that issue has to be near perfect to get a 9.6 or 9.8.

I used my magnifying glass but could not see any stain on the front cover myself. The blue distributor ink can clearly been seen but since when is that a big deal?

They grade may well be accurate but I am both disappointed and confused.
Post 28 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone know if CBCS will encapsulate Cherry Poptart books?
I see Larry Welz is at Big Apple and would love to use CBCS as a witnessed signature.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Anyone know if CBCS will encapsulate Cherry Poptart books?
I see Larry Welz is at Big Apple and would love to use CBCS as a witnessed signature.

I want to do the same.

I am not sure about CBCS but I have this one graded by the other guys:

Post 30 IP   flag post
601246 87 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?