Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
CBCS announced this a couple hours ago on their facebook page. It is a general warning to check before you buy. They have not posted pictures of the labels nor have they named a company. There may be legal issues involved in doing that. However, they felt the problem was big enough to make an announcement, so I figured I'd pass it along. You can always follow this convo on the CBCS facebook page.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector RRO private msg quote post Address this user
I would like to know if the books themselves were in line with the "fake" labels.
Post 2 IP   flag post
This was left by CBCS on the facebook page in response to questions.

Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Corvus private msg quote post Address this user
It was just pasted as a warning but ppl on Facebook have gone out of control using this as a reason to piss on CBCS. LAME!
Internet toughness is still a thing I guess..lol
Post 4 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvus
It was just pasted as a warning but ppl on Facebook have gone out of control using this as a reason to piss on CBCS. LAME!
Internet toughness is still a thing I guess..lol

how can they use this posting to piss on CBCS?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
If you are going to make a post like this, folks will want to see the evidence. Just saying.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
it would have been helpful if the statement included a like saying that the info cbcs has on hand has been provided to the impacted company (across the street in the past?) so they could take relevant precautions / make announcement as necessary
Post 7 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
People were butthurt on social media? Shocker.
Post 8 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley

Classic! Good one!
Post 9 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley

Classic! Good one!

Post 10 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user

And comics.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Is it from the company that shall not be named? Ya know, the OTHER “Professional” Grading “eXperts”?
Post 12 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Always, always, always check the book - the slab grade is just a guide!!
I've bought books and compared the same grade of the same book from the same company and found I liked one book over the other...different flaws got them to the same grade but visually I found one more appealing.

@00slim if it was the other “Professional” Grading “eXperts” I basically don't even look at the grade on the slab!! I just look at it as really thick mylar sleeve
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Same. I’d consider the “other guy’s” books as raw.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Dear CBCS....

Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Dear CBCS....

I've been trying to figure out EXACTLY what you mean by this. There are a couple ways it could be interpreted. Could you please elaborate your meaning?
Post 16 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like raw books for me for a while.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
if they are saying check the serial numbers against the grades wouldn't that almost surely point to what company the labels appear to be from
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector jgzachary13 private msg quote post Address this user
@Darkseid_of_town You may be be on the right track... I feel that could be particularly troublesome for the organization and the industry generally if true.
Post 19 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:
Dear CBCS....

I've been trying to figure out EXACTLY what you mean by this. There are a couple ways it could be interpreted. Could you please elaborate your meaning?

CBCS has good intentions trying to warn the public about scams. But there's always those that'll turn it back around and make bad press for them or for the slab industry in general...which on homers mind would be a failure as that was not the intended outcome.

This happens to me all the time. I go out of my way to do something nice or thoughtful for my wife, only to have it misinterpreted or backfire in some unintended way...so I think of homers advice in those situations.
Post 21 IP   flag post
@Drogio Thanks for the explanation! And yeah, I've read many of the comments in various spots online. I swear that some people are so full of conspiracy theories that they should really be writing fantasy books!!

But as to your (or Homer's) point, it is frustrating, but it never stops a good intention person from doing good intention deeds. Do you still try to buy your wife something thoughtful and nice from time to time? I'd bet that you do.

So, let the haters hate. I honestly feel a bit sorry for them. Someone at some point must have royally screwed them over for them to carry such animosity towards the world. I know misery loves company, but don't they get tired of being miserable at some point?

Just my thoughts as I'm having my morning coffee.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:
Dear CBCS....

I have that Homer wav file somewhere in my computer. I can hear him saying it in my head.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
Where there is opportunity for money to be gained or lost from perception of an article on the internet, can always expect a s... storm in the replies.

A significant part of the slabbing game is trust which is why slabs can attract premiums over raws .. So if anyone questions that trust of a certain providers product , even with good intentions it's going to attract heat
Post 24 IP   flag post
601525 24 24
This topic is archived. Start new topic?