Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

eBay sellers shipping LATE8180

Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Ok,so the worst seems to be around the new years...sellers stating they are on vacation (AWAY), etc. And then when they are back they still do not ship for several days afterwards. OR, they submit a shipping number that remains in limbo for several days to a week! Yes, ALL shipping info does NOT have a progressive shipping date, just a "tracking number provided" with no available info to provide you with absolutely NO crap to figure out when comic(s) will arrive!!

Just a big ass question mark!

LOL, still trying to figure when a few comics will arrive to me or to another distant planet!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
I HATE HATE HATE it when a seller "ships" an item - meaning buys postage and provides a tracking number - but the package doesn't show up in the system for a week afterward. Drives me insane.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
SAME HERE!
Post 3 IP   flag post
I am not sure but assume the seller buys online shipping but doesn't actually mail the package out for several days or longer, or whatever.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I have purchased from eBay sellers and noticed that there is a supposed tracking number, but do not see the actual number and transaction for close to a week.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector jgzachary13 private msg quote post Address this user
I typically drop off my packages within 12 hours of ordering postage (24-36 if I buy postage Saturday night or Sunday), but my local post office sometimes fails to record acceptance for a day. This does not always happen, but occasionally. Either way, I immediately contact my buyer if they have not accepted the item the evening they should have accepted the item.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I am also confused, I have several eBay items that say expected delivery date 1-7-2019 (today), but NONE of them seem to be near my destination when I track them online!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Unfortunately when you purchase your shipping labels through eBay they mark the item shipped automatically.

That is why I wait until the box is packed and ready to go before printing labels. The whole thing confuses everyone.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Trilogycomics private msg quote post Address this user
I list my shipping time as 2 days on my Ebay store. I normally pack and label the same day as purchased. My mailman picks up every morning at 10:30..He is great on scanning packages so there is very little delay..Unfortunately on his days off..Packages are NEVER scanned..Either onto the truck or into the station. Sometimes it seems the first scan is out for delivery..It can be very frustrating.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
I do 5 day shipping. I manage to make it in that time frame. Had to switch to having a store because without one the max was 3.
Actually don’t care when something arrives, figure I am buying from a fellow hobbyist, and their life may have got in the way.
I do wish folks would wrap the book with cardboard, though.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector jgzachary13 private msg quote post Address this user
@brysb If your items are shipped through eBay via USPS, the eBay system is often wrong. I copy and paste the shipping information directly into USPS’s tracking to get the real story. EBay has said some things are delivered before USPS or vice versa, so use the USPS cite. USPS’s cite has consistently been the correct option.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector NightRelic private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by doog
I do 5 day shipping. I manage to make it in that time frame. Had to switch to having a store because without one the max was 3.
Actually don’t care when something arrives, figure I am buying from a fellow hobbyist, and their life may have got in the way.
I do wish folks would wrap the book with cardboard, though.

This has changed again on eBay. You can pick 5 days for shipping even without a store again.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector MortysHead private msg quote post Address this user
Living in the UK and buying from eBay sellers across the ocean has been very interesting over the past year.

In mid December I bought two slabbed books on the same day.

One came from Canada via the country's postal service and arrived within three days. The other, from the US, and took three weeks via the 'um' Priority Service. It spent most of that time bouncing around the US, and travelled via three different carriers in the UK. If this is the priority service, I can't imagine how long it would take to receive something via a standard service. Oh, and it cost me nearly $40...happy days.
Post 13 IP   flag post
I use the 5 day shipping when I sell on eBay too. When they were making us do 3 day, sometimes that wasn't enough because my schedule at my job can sometimes blow up and I suddenly have no time to pack and ship. Five days seems to work well for me. One thing I've noticed is tracking doesn't always work right. I can ship 4 or 5 packages the same day. Most of them will track right, but one two will still look as though they haven't been to the post office for a day or two. I've had some packages over the past couple years that show nothing except the initial check in when I purchase the postage until the package arrives at its destination. It's definitely not a perfect system. There are definitely dishonest sellers out there too, but I think most are doing their best to sell their items with accurate descriptions and good service. I've had more problems with buyers on eBay in the last few years than I've had with sellers.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
@brysb I am a hobby seller and this is the issue seller issues. I put my store on vacation settings and handling time to approx when I am back. People buy while I am away. When I come back I have to ship like 30 packages in one day while still having to work.

Hence it makes sense to buy postage for all packages towards the end of the vacation and ship over a few days.

Enquiries, if any, I respond to while on vacation.

On top of that as a seller - I do not like December. The couriers/posts are not able to handle the increase in packages so the delivery times are extended.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector DJC_II private msg quote post Address this user
sorry... but also guilty of this.

I do not provide a tracking number and wait a week to ship, but I will provide a tracking number and possibly have to wait 2 days to ship.

I am not a retailer, I sell books from my own collection, to offset the hobby.

I also do not have the luxuries of accessing affordable shipping locations easily while I am at work.

I am in Canada, and to stay competitive for shipping rates, I have to use a shipping hub which is only open from 10:30am to 4 pm, meaning I either drive there on my lunch, for which I will return late, or, wait until the Sunday when I can get there before noon.

again... sorry... but it's not a perfect world, and sometimes people have to bend the rules a bit to stay alive.
Post 16 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I pack and ship immediately. It's your duty as a seller.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
I pack and ship immediately. It's your duty as a seller.

Nah! 5 days to ship means what it says. People start talking about “duty” and I’m likely to flee to Canada.
Post 18 IP   flag post
When someone buys a book, pack it that night or in the morning. Print the postage label. Put it in the mail. I'm not sure why it takes someone five days to do that. It's not like the selling of the item comes as a complete surprise. It is listed for sale.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
When someone buys a book, pack it that night or in the morning. Print the postage label. Put it in the mail. I'm not sure why it takes someone five days to do that. It's not like the selling of the item comes as a complete surprise. It is listed for sale.

Few things. It is the duty of the seller to ship in accordance with the chosen handling time!

Secondly, OP’s question was around vacations. Assume you do not ship while you are on vacations
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
#1stWorldProblems #soon
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Quote:

Few things. It is the duty of the seller to ship in accordance with the chosen handling time!

Secondly, OP’s question was around vacations. Assume you do not ship while you are on vacations

I hardly, if ever, travel due to work obligations. However, when I had a job where travel was required, I either suspended my sales or notified the buyer that the shipping would be delayed and offered a full refund if that happened to be a problem.

I understand that not everyone has a flexible schedule or really cares, for that matter. I'm just offering my thoughts and opinions. Again, I understand that not everyone really cares.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
@brysb I’m sorry if it was me. Last week was a bit crazy...

I do admit that I sometimes “take advantage” of the system...and I’ll buy the postage through ebay just to avoid the little nasty grams it sends me warning me I’m going to lose my rock star seller status...but 95% of the time I will package within 24 hours and have it in my mail box the next morning.

I do my best to get things in the mail within 48 hours from time of purchase...real life gets in the way sometimes. Selling on eBay is not my main sourse f income, but i do what I can to make buyers happy.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector DJC_II private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Quote:

I hardly, if ever, travel due to work obligations. However, when I had a job where travel was required, I either suspended my sales or notified the buyer that the shipping would be delayed and offered a full refund if that happened to be a problem.

I understand that not everyone has a flexible schedule or really cares, for that matter. I'm just offering my thoughts and opinions. Again, I understand that not everyone really cares.

Rude
Post 24 IP   flag post
Here is today’s example of me being a stupid unprofessional seller. I sold a spectacular spider man 64, 8.5 white and can’t find it. Must have sold it somewhere. 1st time that’s happened. As I am a lucky guy, I have a 9.0. White. So I’m gonna send that instead. Only graded book I have (had)2 of.
Hope the buyer does not mind, it’s a challenging hobby, adding the selling
Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:

If we were talking about someone running a business selling comics this would make sense. But we're talking about eBay sellers. A lot of people on eBay are just selling parts of their comic book collection. A lot of them have full time day jobs. What you're suggesting is probably not possible for a lot of sellers. Lets not forget, most people buying comics on eBay are there for a bargain. So, if you're saving an enormous amount of money, in my mind waiting a couple days isn't so awful.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
I have a full time job and I sell as a hobby. I’m a top rated plus seller with 100% positive feedback and I ship within 1 business day. It’s possible to do if you’re not lazy. When life has gotten in the way I always make sure buyers are notified very quickly of the situation, communication is key.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan510
I have a full time job and I sell as a hobby. I’m a top rated plus seller with 100% positive feedback and I ship within 1 business day. It’s possible to do if you’re not lazy. When life has gotten in the way I always make sure buyers are notified very quickly of the situation, communication is key.

But not possible for everyone. To suggest anyone who doesn't ship within one is is lazy is not correct. Your situation obviously allows for it. You can't assume that everyone's situation is the same as yours.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightRelic
Quote:

But not possible for everyone. To suggest anyone who doesn't ship within one is is lazy is not correct. Your situation obviously allows for it. You can't assume that everyone's situation is the same as yours.

It takes me 5 minutes to pack a slabbed book using a double box method with bubble wrap. Who doesn’t have 5 minutes?
Post 29 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightRelic
Quote:

It takes me 5 minutes to pack a slabbed book using a double box method with bubble wrap. Who doesn’t have 5 minutes?

We all have our different methods of packing. Mine takes longer than that and I think mine is a better method. As I said, you can't assume everyone's situation is the same as yours. Some people have chronic illnesses. Some have other things going on. Not everyone has the same kind of job as you do. Everyone's situation is different.
Post 30 IP   flag post
601495 71 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?