Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeGrading Help NeededQuestions

Manufacturing error... quick question?8167

Collector OoklaTheMok private msg quote post Address this user
Hello,

I was going through my collection and found a copy of Uncanny X-Men 272 cover bound/stapled to a 2nd printing of issue #270. Debated whether to submit to CGC or CBCS with the dealbreaker being if CGC gives it the dreaded green "Qualified" label.

Turns out, after researching a bit, there is no doubt the issue will get that green label. Even with 7 other graded copies, came across a post where there is an exact definition of "incorrect interior" constituting the Qualified label.

So my question, is if I submit to CBCS, would it help to provide the CGC certification numbers of those other 7 copies? Not sure if there is a reference (somewhere) noting these errors, or if there have been previous CBCS submissions for this copy (with errors)?

Thanks for reading!
Post 1 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@OoklaTheMok - CBCS doesn’t have a green label. If it is a Manufacturing Error, it will be noted on the label. Here’s the only example of that type of error that I own, a Wolverine/Ghost Rider mashup. I have no idea how many copies of this error exist.

Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector OoklaTheMok private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks! I was more concerned with the validity/rarity of these types of errors (i.e. 1:1M as opposed to 67:1M), similarly to how Canadian price variants are now recognized as a smaller set of the bigger production run, you know what I mean?

Do you or anyone know if these errors increase the value, like Venom Lethal Protector - black cover? It's strange a printing error is recognized but isn't that still a 'manufacturing error'?

Still, if/when I submit, it probably doesn't hurt to provide those other references, I suppose.
Post 3 IP   flag post
598071 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?