Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

Using a legal sz filing cabinet to store books, ran into an issue, help?8161

SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user

I’ve been using the cabinet to the far right for a while and it’s great at holding a lot of books.
I got another one, shown on the far left, to take on the remainder of the collection. As can be seen in the pic, some books do not fit height wise. This latest (much older) cabinet has same overall height but shorter openings.

Other than trimming a 1/4” off half my boards, I’m thinking of laying the books on their side, as shown in 2nd pic. I’ll line the bottom to level it out regardless. Thoughts?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
The consensus is that comics are best stored straight-up as in your far right cabinet.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Did you notice if ALL of the drawer highths are the same? The reason I'm asking is at one time I did the same thing. for me, I used the shorter drawers for other odd-sized books like treasury sized and Big Little books.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
I agree with @CaptainCanuck
I think its a bad idea to store them long term on the side but I'm sure there others here that might know a little more.
Post 4 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user

Thanks guys, I made it fit.
Seems pretty rigid still despite the notch and hammer job.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
Did you notice if ALL of the drawer highths are the same? The reason I'm asking is at one time I did the same thing. for me, I used the shorter drawers for other odd-sized books like treasury sized and Big Little books.

Good call. I did check that; they are...were all the same height. I left the top drawer alone as I will keep slabs in there in the file folders. I think the slabbed books should be fine on their side as long as they are in the slabs securely.
Post 6 IP   flag post
598065 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?