Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Modern Age

What’s in the Box? Take a look and see.8120

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
So the order that I submitted to CBCS in July (received by them on July 19th), arrived this Thursday (December 27th). So the turnaround time was a little over five months. Hopefully that will improve significantly over the next few weeks or months.

So what’s in the box? Well the peanuts have been replaced by white newsprint. Under the paper was a block of 15 comics surrounded by two approximately 4-foot long strips of bubble wrap. There were no foam dividers between the slabs, I guess they have gone the wayside just like the old inner boxes.

Post 1 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
This batch of 15 comics included Bronze, Copper, and a few Moderns. I had hoped for all 9.8's (don't we all), but expected the grades to range from 9.4 to 9.8, and I wasn't disappointed.

Here's a Modern that I picked up last year from my LCS. I had been watching the Jessica Jones series on Netfix and saw it on the wall.

Post 2 IP   flag post
I bought this one from a different LCS, where it was also hanging on the wall.

Post 3 IP   flag post
Most of the rest (except for the two Moderns) are books that I bought new back in the day.

Post 4 IP   flag post

Post 5 IP   flag post

Post 6 IP   flag post

Post 7 IP   flag post

Post 8 IP   flag post

Post 9 IP   flag post
Purchased from my LCS last year (along with #1 that I did not submit).

Post 10 IP   flag post
Purchased off the wall of my LCS last year.

Post 11 IP   flag post
I seem to have a few of these.

Post 12 IP   flag post
And a few of these too.

Post 13 IP   flag post

Post 14 IP   flag post
Last one.

Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector agrkdj private msg quote post Address this user
Some really nice books. Congrats!!
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by agrkdj
Some really nice books. Congrats!!
- Thank you!
Post 17 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Really nice books, Ed!
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Great looking books! Congrats!
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Really nice books, Ed!
- Thanks, Mike. Maybe we can work out another trade.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulbg2000
Great looking books! Congrats!
- Thank you, Paul.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector infinityG private msg quote post Address this user
sweet books dude!
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
Very nice!
Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinityG
sweet books dude!
- Thanks!
Post 24 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier2Xterra
Very nice!
- Thank you, Jon!
Post 25 IP   flag post
If anyone has an extra slabbed ASM #361 (or others that I am missing), let me know if you'd be interested in a trade for a Secret Wars #8 or Titans #44.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Nice books.
I have some of those. Want others.
Congratulations.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaComicsGuy
Nice books.
I have some of those. Want others.
Congratulations.
- Thanks, I am always interested in trades.
Post 28 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Nice set of books Ed!
Post 29 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Nice set of books Ed!
- Thanks, Corey!
Post 30 IP   flag post
615424 38 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?