Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedSignatures

Terrificon Mail Call8097

Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Terrificon submission finally returned home. Im missing my Giant Size FF 4 #4 that was left off this order. Overall not to bad. A few QC issues on the labels though.

Paid $60 for this one at ECCC. Just need to add George Perez

I need to read the notes on this one. It should read as Newsstand, the back side as a UPC while the direct editions did not. Also thought this was the first team appearance of Excalibur. I will have to look into this further. This was a Mile High Comics purchase listed as NM.

I was expecting lower on this one but ill take it.

The new Canadian designation. Super pumped about this one. Paid $80 raw.

Venom appearances. The 299 was won at an auction that Todd McFarlane's son had on ebay. It came with a cool personalized backboard. Also there was a QC issue on the 299 label. Its pretty apparent where Todd signed.

My first and last Starlin signature/ink blot

Finally:

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Super nice comics! Thanks for sharing with us. I really dig your X-Men 213.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thanks @GanaSoth. Wish I had more for Alan Davis to sign. He was a real nice guy.
Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Great books! I love the ASM 300!

The Excalibur Special Edition is a bit of a curiosity. I’m not too well acquainted with it’s history but I don’t think what you have is technically a newsstand copy. After doing some quick research, I’ve found that CGC has graded copies with two dates, one is 1987, the other is 1988. They don’t always specify the printing on the label but all the 1987 copies are the first print with the $3.25 price. The 1988 copies are the second print with the $3.50 price and the Phoenix pin-up on the back.

Seeing as your book is dated 1988 but doesn’t include the typical 2nd printing indicators, I’m guessing it might be a third print copy or a 2nd Print Newstsand copy if such a thing exists.

Also, CGC also doesn’t list the first team appearance on their label either.

Also, *Cough Cough*
Post 4 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
I love the books signed on the 1st page
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Ghostridercomics76 private msg quote post Address this user
Nice books dude still waiting on my sig series for thanos 13 from boston fan fest
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
Great books! I love the ASM 300!

The Excalibur Special Edition is a bit of a curiosity. I’m not too well acquainted with it’s history but I don’t think what you have is technically a newsstand copy. After doing some quick research, I’ve found that CGC has graded copies with two dates, one is 1987, the other is 1988. They don’t always specify the printing on the label but all the 1987 copies are the first print with the $3.25 price. The 1988 copies are the second print with the $3.50 price and the Phoenix pin-up on the back.

Seeing as your book is dated 1988 but doesn’t include the typical 2nd printing indicators, I’m guessing it might be a third print copy or a 2nd Print Newstsand copy if such a thing exists.

Also, CGC also doesn’t list the first team appearance on their label either.

Also, *Cough Cough*

I'd love for this to be a rare 2nd print newsstand. Only information I found was here:

https://comicbookrealm.com/series/709/0/marvel-comics-excalibur-special-edition-one-shot

The copy I have is the $3.25 cover price (on spine). Just based off the pricing it aligns more with the cost of the DE 1st print.

Going to keep searching for some more data. I will be cracking this when I see Claremont so I can double check the indica then.

Post 7 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@Hcanes It's not unheard of for CBCS to get some basic info wrong on the label so I wouldn't be surprised if it is in fact a variant of the first print. I wonder why the market hasn't identified it as a newsstand copy (I'll asmit I'm not fully apprised with the comic book market of the late 80s). I've since found on ebay what I would call a 2nd print newsstand copy as it has the 2nd print $3.50 cover price but has the original black cover with the UPC and the site you linked and GCDB go on to mention the third print and later copies include "The Sword is Drawn" on the cover
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
@Hcanes did you get these pressed or sent through fast pass? Still have waiting on my terrificon books.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
@Hcanes did you get these pressed or sent through fast pass? Still have waiting on my terrificon books.

Some were fast pass pressed with everything graded at regular speed. There were supposed to be an invoice for press and non pressed, but everything was held up by the pressing. I am still waiting on my one book I sent through cgc as a test.
Post 10 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Drogio - My Terrificon order went to grading on October 18th, and my invoice has shown labels since that time. However, there have been no changes in status for over two months. I am getting a July order back on Thursday, so I know things are moving through the system. Since my July order was all Modern tier books, and my Terrificon order was all Consumer or Expanded tiers, I am thinking the backlog is with Moderns, and possibly encapsulation.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@Drogio - My Terrificon order went to grading on October 18th, and my invoice has shown labels since that time. However, there have been no changes in status for over two months. I am getting a July order back on Thursday, so I know things are moving through the system. Since my July order was all Modern tier books, and my Terrificon order was all Consumer or Expanded tiers, I am thinking the backlog is with Moderns, and possibly encapsulation.

I’ll need to look back at my invoice...they were Batman 223 and 251, fast passed and pressed (was not aware of a “fast pass”on pressing at the time). I figured if I didn’t fast pass it I would not get them back until who knows February? And a fast pass spoiled have them back by x-mas....not the case.

I see others getting their submissions with pressing back from terrificon and later and wonder what the hell did I pay for?
Post 12 IP   flag post
601342 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?