Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

10 Favorite Acquisitions of 20188049

Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Not too many purchases this year, but there were some additions to my collection this year that I’ve been chasing for years. There are only nine. Unless you count the first one as 10-8.

The Spidey 2099 ToyBiz variant was a cool one.

Getting my TTA 44 signed by Stan and slabbed was awesome. I only expected a 2.0, so even a 2.5 was welcome.

I’ve wanted this first appearance Iron Man statue from Bowen for a long time. Now to get the TOS 39 to go with it.

An 8.0 or better ‘Underdog’ #1 has been on my list for a long time. The White pages on this one was just icing on the cake.

Getting this newsie back at 9.8 was a huge surprise!

A big one for me personally. I’ve hunted for a first print of this book in VF or better for several years.

My one big pick-up at SDCC this year was great to add to the collection.

This 1/4 scale Black Widow arrived this week & it’s easily one of my biggest additions this year.

And you’ve seen this one a few times I’m sure. But I picked-up a personal grail this year. The first Black Widow in a rather tough grade!

Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user

Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user

could only think of 7 so here they are.....most are self explanatory but the one everyone will question is a large sauropod cervical vert that has been cleaned and prepped.....or in simpler terms a large neck bone from a long necked Jurassic dinosaur
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector GeeWiz private msg quote post Address this user
It was a pretty good year for adding to my collection which probably will financially be hard to duplicate in 2019. Here are my acquisitions:

Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
That 9.2 GSX 1 would have been enough to make my year, the rest is icing on the cake.
Post 30 IP   flag post

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Fred Ian "Poison Ivy" Oil on canvas

Ryan Brown "Boba Fett" Acrylic Sketch

Hulk 181 I suspected was a 5.0 but cleaned and pressed up to a CGC 7.0

Giant Size X-Men #1 CGC 5.0

Betty and Veronica #261 1st Vampironica bought very raw and very rough and pressed up to a CGC 9.6

Bought another Image blind box on ebay with ebay coupon and Stan Lee signed books revenue and ended up with a very lucky blind box:

Tales from the Crypt #20 (#1)

Crime Suspenstories 17 (I've wanted this book for a long time)

Fantastic Four #48 CGC 4.5

House of Secrets 92 CGC 6.0

Here's the runner ups:

Post 31 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
sorry forgot this one

thanks @poka

Post 32 IP   flag post
601464 32 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?