Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector BrashSmurf private msg quote post Address this user
I am submitting a book that i just found out is,misprinted and the info hasn't went public yet

How do i attach a memo saying book is misprinted?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Good question. I'd think the misprint would have to be made official before a grading company will recognize it.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Okay still getting book slabbed. Misprint is easy to see if you know it. So you can plainly tell by the cover
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
What book?
Post 4 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
Please show misprint.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Do tell, kick down homie!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@BrashSmurf Just remember, if the misprint has not been corrected then there is no premium for the misprint. Or am I missing something?
Post 7 IP   flag post
I am pretty sure a corrected version. Is coming.

Even if it isn't labeled it will be easy to tell which version you have
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
What book?
Post 9 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
I guess it hasn't been unclassified yet.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Is this the Winter Soldier #1 that has 12 pages of Venom #9 inside instead of the correct pages?

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/12/07/winter-soldier-1-venom-misprint/
Post 11 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
the identity of this book must be a highly classified secret.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
You get this book at the deli? All I'm smelling is baloney.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulbg2000
Is this the Winter Soldier #1 that has 12 pages of Venom #9 inside instead of the correct pages?

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/12/07/winter-soldier-1-venom-misprint/

even if it’s not, be on the lookout for it.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Btw, i would be very suspicious of anyone selling one of these raw. I just looked at the two books in question and their staples align dead nuts on. It'd be very easy to swap out pages and replace the staples and fool the untrained eye..maybe even a trained eye... might experiment for fun or prove the point (but not to sell).

Post 15 IP   flag post
It'd in grading now. Sent proof of misprint via email. 2 day modern. When I get it I will post it.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Nevermind
Post 17 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Most modern marvels DO have the staples line up. I'm not sure I understand the mystery there.
Post 18 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Most modern marvels DO have the staples line up. I'm not sure I understand the mystery there.

I think he means that because the staples do line up that people can manufacture this error in their home and sell it as a misprint.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
In my early years of collecting, a printing defect was defective and people didn't want it.
People trying to sell printing defects need to get off my lawn!
Post 20 IP   flag post
Here's my attempt at creating a Winter Soldier #1 Error. This was more to learn and teach others what to look for in a counterfeit, more than trying my skills at counterfeiting. Keep in mind I'm not reselling this either. Just for fun.

First two images are the original staples in WS#1 at the centerfold.

Compare these to how mine ended up...I could work them a little more with better tools, but it is a challenge to replicate the original bends as they stick up/curve a certain way. Also note the scratches on the page from the staples as I wiggled them through...Next time I'll just straighten them out so I'm not twisting and turning so much.

I'll also use gloves next time...all that finger work resulting in rubbing along the back cover which is black and the ink easily rubbed off.

There you have it...one "error" comic. No way this one passes inspection! But when these are going for $150 or so, someone better than me with better tools and more patience can pull this off and fool just about everyone. Maybe even 3rd party graders.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@Drogio Interesting experiment. How long did it take from start to finish?
Post 22 IP   flag post
@BrianGreensnips Maybe 45 minutes? No more than an hour.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
Wait. What happened to the top double secret misprint special edition variant book? And the guy? The Russians get him? Does he require assistance? Did the misprint concealment agents apprehend him before the secret could get out?
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
@Drogio just get a better stapler, line up the staples to the holes & your done.

Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
I think I have one of those staplers. I know it's extended reach. It might be another brand.
Post 26 IP   flag post
601444 26 26
This topic is archived. Start new topic?