Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector BrashSmurf private msg quote post Address this user
I know if i send in the Antarctic Press issue 1 it gets labeled as the first appearance

Does the Patreon version get the first appearance notation?
Post 1 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
Good question
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector 1243782365 private msg quote post Address this user
The Patreon version came out before the Antarctic Press copies and the Antarctic Press copies are censored where the patreon version isn't. So the Antarctic Press version should in no way be considered a first appearance.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1243782365
The Patreon version came out before the Antarctic Press copies and the Antarctic Press copies are censored where the patreon version isn't. So the Antarctic Press version should in no way be considered a first appearance.

I completely agree. The Tim Lim version should be the only true first appearance. Since it was the first version of the book
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector DavidM private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrashSmurf
Quote:

I completely agree. The Tim Lim version should be the only true first appearance. Since it was the first version of the book

Are you a Patreon member, and if so is it worth it?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrashSmurf
Quote:

Are you a Patreon member, and if so is it worth it?

Yes,I am a patreon member. I believe it's worth it
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
What is a Patreon? It brings to mind a French Canadian French fry with tequila gravy
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by doog
What is a Patreon? It brings to mind a French Canadian French fry with tequila gravy
it's crowd funding. You pay a monthly cost to support the book
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks. I find that quite cool
Post 9 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
I have the Patreon version and it’s censored so I don’t know about it not being censored. Anyone have one that’s not censored?
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector DavidM private msg quote post Address this user
I'm not sure of the whole story, but as far as I know, the comic started as crowd funded similar to Stabity Bunny. The initial Patreon versions of 1 & 2 are uncensored. The book was picked up and released by Antarctic with the first two issues being censored.

Then the creators put out a 2nd version of the original non-Antarctic issues and these are censored. I believe this was done so people would be able to get cheap reader versions for $5 because the original books were going for $50 and up on Ebay.

I think it's a fun read so far and I like the art. I was able to get an uncensored version of #2. The T & A is very minor.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie_Head
I have the Patreon version and it’s censored so I don’t know about it not being censored. Anyone have one that’s not censored?
I have the Tim Lim variant and it's not censored. The original patreon was not censored.

The $5 print on demand version is censored
Post 12 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
The only ones worth money are the white logo AP first printings of #1 and #2. The print on demand orange logo books are just that, print on demand. Worthless. The variants that get shipped directly from Patreon to Patreon paying subscribers are worth money and uncensored. The Tim Lim variant scalpers and print on demand orange logo copies on ebay are messing up everything.

You want to search for white logo Antarctic Press first printings or virgin variants from Patreon. They are the rarest. The creator wants to share the comics for free online via Print on Demand or download for everyone to read and talk about. What he did not like was seeing his Patreon variants selling for hundreds of dollars on ebay. He does not like ebay or the sellers there. That's the gist.
Post 13 IP   flag post
600646 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?