Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Silver Age

The Future of the Comic Book Market7976

Collector comic_book_man private msg quote post Address this user
I feel like the market has normalized over the last few weeks/months - the price gap between grades seems to have shrunk on many key books. I think it has something to do with the flood of Stan Lee books saturating the market and tieing up capital.

@CaptainCanuck Awesome collection(yours?), but if value is your goal wouldn't you want to move some of those? But then again, the books will increase in value each year & there is no reason to believe Disney/WB will sour their comic marketing...

There will always be raw books circulating, removed from slab or original. Scarcity will impact the oldest books first and most.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
@comic_book_man

Not my collection, just a photo I stumbled upon that inspired the thread.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
I think high-grade key books will get steadily harder to find in the wild, but I can't imagine slabs will ever make a huge dent in the volume of raw books out there.

I don't slab many comics, mostly those valuable ones in fantastic condition or key books in such bad condition you want to get them slabbed and graded before they fall apart.

Most of the slabs I have I picked up in low-bidding auctions.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
Well if it dives great time to buy
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
I will still be collecting and Reading comic books no matter what the market does. Buy and read what you like and there will never be a big let down.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
I will still be collecting and Reading comic books no matter what the market does. Buy and read what you like and there will never be a big let down.

Does this describe you?

Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips

Does this describe you?

That's me. I cannot wait for my semester to end where I teach so I can get caught up with 3 months of my pull list. The stack is about 8 inches tall now and climbing. Lol
Post 32 IP   flag post
601278 32 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?