Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Copper Age

Alf #48, Pages missing/out of order? Printing error?7938

Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
I’ve had this Alf #48 sitting in a box for about a year. I was considering thinning out a few books & I wanted to inspect it before listing it.

Here’s the thing,the pages are in sequential order until page 9. Then there’s a 2 page Fleer ad, which SHOULD be Pages 10 & 11, correct?

The next story page is labeled 10, then 13. (Pic #1) Here’s the thing, the panels are marked sequential as 9 & 10 (pic 2 & 3).

Pages then continue as normal from 14-17. Then there’s a bizarrely cut 2 page spread for Marvel shirts. (Pic 4)

Numbers continue on the next page as 18 (those ad pages don’t count in the numbering?) (pic 5)

Page 19 is the letters column, then an ad page which should be 20 is followed by page 22. (Pic 6)

23 & 24 are followed by a “Bullpen Bulletins” page with Stan’s Soapbox, followed by page 25 (again, skipping the Soapbox page in numbering.

What should then be page 26 is numbered 27. The next page is numbered 29 (Pic 7) but the panels are labeled as sequential (5 & 6). (Pic 8 & 9)

From there numbers continue as normal.

So, what’s up with this book? Anyone else have one to compare?

Post 1 IP   flag post

Post 2 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
Is the story line in order or out of order
Post 3 IP   flag post
Good question. The numbering just threw me.The story seems to be in the the right order.

Maybe the ad pages just threw off the numbering?
Post 4 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
You can read, I'm assuming, all or most comics online, try looking it up and see how its numbered or find someone who does have the same book, which is what your doing here, lol
Post 5 IP   flag post
I found a .pdf Of the book online. It is in sequential order & the story is complete.

The question becomes, is the numbering this messed up in other copies? The .pdf didn’t show the numbering.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
The numbers at the bottom of the ART does not necessarily reflect the page in the comic. They only reflect the page of the story. The artist has no idea how they'll be placed when he's drawing.
Post 7 IP   flag post
@MR_SigS That’s what I figured. I pointed that out just to show the art seemed sequential but the page numbers are a mess.
Post 8 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
You do not appear to be missing any wraps. I think they misnumbered it? Need to see other examples opened.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
You can read, I'm assuming, all or most comics online, try looking it up and see how its numbered or find someone who does have the same book, which is what your doing here, lol

When this was the opening line, I wasn’t sure what I was in for. Made me laugh. Context is everything.😆
Post 10 IP   flag post
I thought the same thing and was just about to pop some popcorn lol
Post 11 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
Is the story line in order or out of order

Also, is the story line any good? 😉
Post 12 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
For some of us there is only one issue of Alf worth caring about:

Post 13 IP   flag post
Yep. That’s the one I’m asking about. 😆
Post 14 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
The numbers at the bottom of the ART does not necessarily reflect the page in the comic. They only reflect the page of the story. The artist has no idea how they'll be placed when he's drawing.

This!
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
https://readcomiconline.to/Comic/ALF/Issue-48?id=115577
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
I just checked an online copy that does have page numbers and its the same as yours.
I called a friend that has a copy and his is the same too.
Maybe the ads were put in the wrong places??
Not sure what the actual problem actually is, but it looks like yours isn't the only messed up one.

Hope that helps.
Post 17 IP   flag post
@VaComicsGuy @Paulbg2000 Thanks guys. Yeah, the numbers are all messed up but it looks like it’s consistent with other copies.

Considering the relative popularity of this issue, I wonder why this hasn’t be brought up before? I Googled it & didn’t see any other discussions on the topic.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
@VaComicsGuy @Paulbg2000 Thanks guys. Yeah, the numbers are all messed up but it looks like it’s consistent with other copies.

Considering the relative popularity of this issue, I wonder why this hasn’t be brought up before? I Googled it & didn’t see any other discussions on the topic.

Most people probably bought the book for the cover and did not concern themselves with the details
Post 19 IP   flag post
Probably. 👍🏼
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
For some of us there is only one issue of Alf worth caring about:

Aw man, that's too many
Post 21 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Considering the relative popularity of this issue, I wonder why this hasn’t be brought up before?

Because people only buy comics for the cover or rarity and condition....not the stories inside.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos

Most people probably bought the book for the cover and did not concern themselves with the details

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke

Because people only buy comics for the cover or rarity and condition....not the stories inside.

Essentially the same answer, just 15 hours apart 😉
Post 23 IP   flag post
600848 23 23
This topic is archived. Start new topic?