Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector mediaslave private msg quote post Address this user
So, inspired by another thread I think it would be fun to have some of the guys here redesign the CBCS label.

The current label is pretty terrible. Its boring, bland, and looks like it was designed in Mircosoft word by somebody named Shelly.

I think we are all fans of CBCS (I know I am) so be aware that this can actually help the company as well.

In all things, there is actual value as well as perceived value. Actual value would be a gold ring. The perceived value would be a ring with a design you loved. A redesigned label could make the CBCS product more appealing, and could potentially help bridge the gap between the value of a CBCS book and a CGC one.

Also, it'll be fun.

Whos in?

*also red labels can suck it. I'm goin silver!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector jgzachary13 private msg quote post Address this user
What was the label debacle that led tot he current label?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector ninjarobert private msg quote post Address this user
This dude nailed it for me: https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/518/page/1/new-labels-concept-design-for-cbcs/
Post 3 IP   flag post
Here is another thread:

https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/5501/page/1/label-critique/
Post 4 IP   flag post
What all do you want an a label?

1. Comic title and issue number;
2. Year and publisher;
3. CBCS logo;
4. Key issue information and/or signature information (as applicable);
5. Variant information (if applicable); and
6. What else?

Is there too much crammed in? Do you want all contributors located on the front as well? What should be on the back? And, what about special edition labels?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector ninjarobert private msg quote post Address this user
I'd like to see ratio variant info, e.g., 1:25
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector JLA555 private msg quote post Address this user
AND PUT GRADER NOTE ON THE BACK OF THE LABEL
Post 7 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLA555

This is actually a great idea!
Post 8 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
They already redesigned the label. Twice even. Why even suggest yet another label change?
Post 9 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke

the design is very plain.
they need something that pops.
Post 10 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@kaptainmyke

the design is very plain.
they need something that pops.

Instead of something that poops. :p
Post 11 IP   flag post
@DrWatson lol

yes
Post 12 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
I like the current labels...
Not a fan of the red/pink coloring.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector kevinlmillard private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjarobert
This dude nailed it for me: https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/518/page/1/new-labels-concept-design-for-cbcs/
WOW!!!! I Absolutely love the way he did these labels!!! This is the best I've ever seen. If available I would only use these for my books.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
My two cents worth.
I love the idea of grader notes on back label.
As for redesigning the whole label, they can’t get the work they have, out even close to on time. Why throw a “SQUIRREL”. Where.. What.. Huh. Label. Hmmmm let’s have a meeting. At them. It’s a great idea for the caught up future.
As always.. just my opinion. 🖖🖖
Post 15 IP   flag post
I think they should put a hold on taking booking in for a month.
Catch up and re lunch with new turn around times and labels.
Come back like a new company.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

In case more notes are lost.
Post 17 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinlmillard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjarobert
WOW!!!! I Absolutely love the way he did these labels!!! This is the best I've ever seen. If available I would only use these for my books.

Great attempt but I'm not a fan of that label design. It's a little loud and busy in my opinion. I think CBCs's current labels are great. Grader's Notes on the back is a great idea assuming they can make it fit on the label. The red/pink label I'd like to see as silver/gray to complement the yellow/gold for witnessed sigs.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Grader note should fit
pgx has a program with we love comics on you tube to add grader notes
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector Savage_Spawn private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgzachary13
Here is another thread:

https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/5501/page/1/label-critique/

I believe there was another thread that had black labels as well. They were awesome looking and still clearly accented the required color codes. They would separate CBCS from the competition. On any project you should always strive to produce the best looking product to sell to your customer. Never settle.
Post 20 IP   flag post
@Savage_Spawn the black is nice I would want that
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector zosocane private msg quote post Address this user
I think CBCS should focus on TATs and customer service, and otherwise rehabilitate their good name in the collecting community, before any resources are devoted to making prettier labels.
Post 22 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by zosocane
I think CBCS should focus on TATs and customer service, and otherwise rehabilitate their good name in the collecting community, before any resources are devoted to making prettier labels.

Too late. New holder coming soon.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
A boy can always dream of new labels, but I would rather see TATs caught up. Are there any lingering IT issues like not being able to apply membership coupons to orders through the electronic cart?
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector kevinlmillard private msg quote post Address this user
From what I was told we can look forward to relabeling February. This my be just getting rid of the red/pink.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector DrBalls private msg quote post Address this user
Years ago when Steve was putting together CBCS, I approached him about doing his logo and branding work. At the time, I had also suggested utilizing a 'key' system on his as-yet-to-be-designed labels (like the icons that appear on maps) for things like 'white pages', 'off-white', 'first appearance', 'cameo' etc - the whole gamut of common grading and book notations, reducing them to small icons that could be quickly referenced on the back of the label, but allowing the front of the label to showcase more useful information. The thought being that he could develop a labeling system that differentiated CBCS from competitors, but was also highly useful to collectors, buyers and sellers.

I was also thinking was that there could be some usefulness in developing quick-reference icons that, after a few years, could become ubiquitous on graded books, giving CBCS the credit for creating it. I felt that was something that would help solidify the brand early on.
Post 26 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Please remove the extraneous & contentious information on the label. In other words "1st appearance of _____ "; "1st cameo of ___"; 1st time Gwendog in costume"; etc.....

Grading companies should not dictate 1st appearances and they are often incorrect. And yet when it gets questioned, a responder sends back a picture of a CGC/CBCS label that "proves" they're right. Yea ok.

Keep to the grades & grade related information since this is a grading company.

Other information like artist, writer, (I suppose) can stay. It is at least factual; not contentious; and will never change.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Darryl_H private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Quote:
Originally Posted by zosocane

Too late. New holder coming soon.

The new case and any other things CBCS is working on doesn’t take a second from production and working to get caught up on turn around...
Post 28 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
I’m just guessing that the grading is the process that requires the highly skilled labor and is therefore the constraint to production.
Whomever is working on new labels/cases would not be a Grader. Graders are probably being told to do just grading to maximize their potential output. I think it wise to continue improving where it is feasible whilst improvement actions are already in place for the biggest issues.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Zipper private msg quote post Address this user
I would assume that any new label would introduce Beckett as a larger component as part of the brand transformation. It may not happen in one fell swoop, but often transitions of this type are done in phases with the final endpoint being "Beckett" Comic Grading (with CBCS totally phased out).
Post 30 IP   flag post
601454 47 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?