Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCBCS Signature VSPSignatures

finding out if your signatures were verified7930

Collector Mrpoort private msg quote post Address this user
how will i know if the signatures on my books were verified, i dont seem to be getting any updates about that issue?
Post 1 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

After your books are complete, there is a tab for "my comics." In that selection lies all books you had graded by CBCS. Typically a book will be blue. A red label on your book signifies it was successful in verification. Keep in mind you need to scroll to the right on smaller screens on cell phones and such...
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
So that information appears once the book is in labels, correct?
Post 3 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry. It doesn't show until your books have been shipped. After your books are shipped you will see an eye beside your book and then you can see the certification and verification
Post 4 IP   flag post

Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Mrpoort private msg quote post Address this user
So what good is it to know after they are shipped, why cant we be ibformed of that info as soon as it leaves vsp
Post 6 IP   flag post
Builds up anticipation and excitement?

Actually, I would imagine its impossible to update the end user everytime a change is made. Some dealers submit hundreds if not more and the emails that would be sent for every update would drive a person nuts.

CBCS has been updating stuff on their IT end from what I've read. I dont think that updates for every change takes precedent over some issues they have now and future features such as the census.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrpoort
So what good is it to know after they are shipped, why cant we be ibformed of that info as soon as it leaves vsp

This probably isn't the reason, but the first reason I thought of was to prevent a butthurt customer from calling and demanding something be verified because they "KNOW it's legit".
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Darryl_H private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

You have to option to either grade or DO NOT Grade if the signature fails the verification process when submitting. If it fails or passes, the fees are the same pass or fail.
Post 9 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
Quote:

This probably isn't the reason, but the first reason I thought of was to prevent a butthurt customer from calling and demanding something be verified because they "KNOW it's legit".

This is the reason. It's also the reason grades can't be seen until books shipped. When we allowed people to view grades while their orders were still in house, we would literally get 50 phone calls a day from customers complaining about their grades, demanding that they be reviewed again by Borock himself.

We felt that we were being asked for our opinions on the condition. Our opinion was given to the books, and it should not be influenced.

As Darryl mentioned, you can choose to have it graded or not. That will save money on books that do not pass verification.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector teacha777 private msg quote post Address this user
If you witnessed a legit signature you should have nothing to worry about, now getting it off ebay on the other hand or any 3rd party seller...
Post 11 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by teacha777
If you witnessed a legit signature you should have nothing to worry about, now getting it off ebay on the other hand or any 3rd party seller...

There is also the possibility a personally witnessed sig cannot be verified due to the signer screwing up their sig in some way from their typical signature. Failing sig verification does not imply the sig is a forgery.
Post 12 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joosh
Quote:
Originally Posted by teacha777

There is also the possibility a personally witnessed sig cannot be verified due to the signer screwing up their sig in some way from their typical signature. Failing sig verification does not imply the sig is a forgery.

This is correct. Just because a signature fails authentication doesn't mean it is not a legitimate signature. It means that this particular signature has enough irregularities or inconsistencies that it can't be authenticated.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Grune private msg quote post Address this user
I have a question about getting signatures verified or authenticated.
Can cbcs verify or authenticate signatures on a book that are not a writer or artist in the industry?
I recently submitted a book to be graded and did not get the signatures verified or authenticated.
The book came back with a 5.0 grade because of this.
I'm thinking of having the book graded again with signatures but the signatures are from two WWE wrestlers.
The book is WWE #1
Post 14 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@Grune Signatures are verified using Beckett Signature Authentication, which has a large list of individuals they can verify. I don’t believe that list is entirely complete as my most recently completed CBCS order included two signatures for verification that don’t appear on that list.
Post 15 IP   flag post
600787 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?