Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeQuestions

GoCollect - Worth it?7907

Collector ThorneArt private msg quote post Address this user
Hello,

I saw someone reference GoCollect in a thread and so I signed up for a free account. But I have a few questions to those of you that are paying for subscriptions.

Are the values pretty accurate? Do you find them useful?

Are all the the values for graded copies of the comic or the raw grade?

Thanks in advance.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Tdog13 private msg quote post Address this user
Values are for graded copies...kind of frustrates you when people are selling raws for graded or nearly graded price/value. Does that mean the values are inaccurate? Not sure. They could still be accurate, but not up to the minute like an Ebay "sold" listings check. I haven't sold anything, so I can't comment on how useful it is, but it does show trends, which I like, and could prove useful for setting prices. Just my $0.02 worth
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector tonnage71 private msg quote post Address this user
I’d say if you’re in the market to buy a lot of CGC-graded books the paid membership is absolutely worth it ($5.99/month I believe). As the previous poster said GoCollect only tracks slabbed sales, so if you’re looking for raw sales data there are better options.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Terry88 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonnage71
...there are better options.

Such as?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Watchcount.com covers eBay sales of raw and slabbed comics.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorneArt

Are the values pretty accurate? Do you find them useful?

They're accurate in as far as the data they collect. They can't track every sale out there, but for the sales they DO track, their values are an accurate average.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Zarbongo private msg quote post Address this user
Two things I like about Go Collect. First is, as mentioned above, the trends they track are valuable as far as market values changing. I trust the valuations, the lag as far as tracked sales is only about a week or two behind real time and they have short blog posts that look at trends in the market. Second is that if you pay for the full service and actually use it (enter all your graded books, raw books, follow the trends of those books, your purchase price, etc), Go Collect can help you to make informed decisions about selling and buying for maximum value and profit.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Citikill private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarbongo
Two things I like about Go Collect. First is, as mentioned above, the trends they track are valuable as far as market values changing. I trust the valuations, the lag as far as tracked sales is only about a week or two behind real time and they have short blog posts that look at trends in the market. Second is that if you pay for the full service and actually use it (enter all your graded books, raw books, follow the trends of those books, your purchase price, etc), Go Collect can help you to make informed decisions about selling and buying for maximum value and profit.

Where in go collect do you input your collection I must be missing that link?@Zarbongo
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Zarbongo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citikill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarbongo

Where in go collect do you input your collection I must be missing that link?@Zarbongo

You can start a list by going to "My Comic Lists" on the drop menu under your log in name. Find the comics you want to enter and click on the "+list" option for each one.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector stevguitar private msg quote post Address this user
What about covrprice.com/ ? Is that site comparable to gocollect?
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Citikill private msg quote post Address this user
@Zarbongo thanks got all mine on there now!!
Post 11 IP   flag post
600863 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?