Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector DJC_II private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
CBCS should definitely consider a label change. That and having better techniques to prevent slanted labels would definitely have more appeal to consumers. Does anyone think this looks professional?

What is unprofessional about this slab?

@GAC compare it to the new CGC cases

To be fair, unprofessional is not the word I would use. Inferior is better
Post 76 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
The CGC slab 2.0 and 2.5 are glorified paperweights in my opinion. Seriously, they're heavy for no reason, Some folks my like the added rigidity, I don't. They take up more space in the box too. As far as the CBCS label, I loved the first label, not keen on the rivet label, and the new one is an improvement on a substandard label that was a downgrade on the original label.
Post 77 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Just curious if you could purchase this 9.6 red label or a regular blue label 9.6; which would you choose? Obtaining a Trimpe autograph is obviously (and sadly) no longer obtainable.

I collect comics so I'd rather choose the better looking book rather than the better looking label.
Post 78 IP   flag post
Collector mrelowe private msg quote post Address this user
I am thankful that they give authenticity to books that otherwise would get dinged for ink on cover. The new label is sleek and clean and I don’t mind the color. Definitely don’t want anything to remind me of pgx.
Post 79 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
CBCS should definitely consider a label change. That and having better techniques to prevent slanted labels would definitely have more appeal to consumers. Does anyone think this looks professional?

The label is at a slant. Everything else looks fine. Unprofessional may not be the correct word. But the labeling and the job done to insert and center the labels could be better.
Post 80 IP   flag post

It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:

The label is at a slant. Everything else looks fine. Unprofessional may not be the correct word. But the labeling and the job done to insert and center the labels could be better.

Oh..I see it now...I was looking at the type on the label...the actual card itself is in crooked.
Post 81 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediaslave

Silver is second place. Yellow (gold) is first.

Witnessed sigs are the best. VSP is second. Thats my logic.

What other colours are there? VSP should be identified as a second chance system, which is exactly what it is. I can't think of a single other colour that really makes as much sense.

How about A bronze label? Or orange?
Post 82 IP   flag post
Collector Jklugh private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
I’m getting flashbacks to Rivet-gate

The rivets were the best thing that ever happened. I bet if the rivet label came in 60 different variants by Dell'Otto, Campbell and Jock, people would be eating them up!
sorry new to the grading scene but what is rivet gate?
Post 83 IP   flag post

It was basically when this gem of a label design was dropped on an unsuspecting public.
Post 84 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
How can they expect people to believe this book is a 9.8 with a label like that?!?
Post 85 IP   flag post
Collector mediaslave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

I'm not sure theres any evidence of this.

You must be joking.

Everyone knows:

CGC Yellow = Top dollar
CBCS Yellow = Less
CBCS Red = Even less.

you can't even pretend you aren't aware of that, unless you've never tried to sell a slabbed book.
Post 86 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS

I collect comics so I'd rather choose the better looking book rather than the better looking label.

You comment suggests you can't have both. I disagree.
Post 87 IP   flag post
Look, its impossible to argue that the current labels actually look good. A first-year graphic designer could do better. They don't look like something produced by a professional company. They aren't aligned, they print them on toilet paper and use food colouring to tint them. Again, not saying mine are the way to go, but they are better I'd say. So was the one done by the other guy (early in the thread).

The current CBCS labels look like they were designed in Mircosoft Word by a receptionist named Florence, who was chosen because she took art classes in high school.
Post 88 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
The current CBCS labels look like they were designed in Mircosoft Word by a receptionist named Florence, who was chosen because she took art classes in high school.

Florence? I thought it was Margaret? (Marge for short)
Post 89 IP   flag post
Quote:
They aren't aligned, they print them on toilet paper and use food colouring to tint them.

Is it 2 ply?
Post 90 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

I'm not sure theres any evidence of this.

You must be joking.

Everyone knows:

CGC Yellow = Top dollar
CBCS Yellow = Less
CBCS Red = Even less.

you can't even pretend you aren't aware of that, unless you've never tried to sell a slabbed book.

Depends on the book
Post 91 IP   flag post
601468 91 16
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.