Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

Best and fastest way to get books to CBCS7872

I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
Is it better to submit at cons or through the mail. I've submitted books at cons and it took about a month for them to receive the books. I know it saves the shipping going that way, but on walk through books, would the tat be faster. What's been your experience
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Regardless of when you get the order received email after submitting your border at a convention, it is backdated to the Wednesday after the end of the convention for the purposes of calculating your turnaround time.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
For CBCS, I’ve always submitted at conventions.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Just my personal preference, I've submitted through cons and mailed before. I prefer to send them via Fedex. I can track it from the time it leaves me until it's been signed for and received at CBCS and it gets entered into their system quicker.

Last convention took over a month for it to appear in their system and while I know it doesn't count against the turn around time...I just find for peace of mind I like to know where they are.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Zombiebigfoot private msg quote post Address this user
I’ve only submitted at cons myself, but I’ve considered mailing in some books recently. I missed the con circuit this year (sigh...). Good thing I’ve got my big ol’ man pillow to cry into until the next con season! 😭
Lol!
Post 5 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Submitting books at cons is awesome.

Not only do you not have to pay for shipping but you do not have to worried about the goons from the shipping companies damaging them in transit.
Post 6 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos

......goons from the shipping companies damaging them in transit.

LOL!!!!! goons!!! hilarious AND true!!
Post 7 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:

......goons from the shipping companies damaging them in transit.

LOL!!!!! goons!!! hilarious AND true!!

Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
I was going to say the fasted way to get a book to them would be to attach it to a rail gun projectile, but that would cause some damage.
Post 9 IP   flag post
x
Post 10 IP   flag post
duplicate post
Post 11 IP   flag post
edit isn't working
Post 12 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for the input, some very funny. Looks like comic cons are the way to go
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Not only do you not have to pay for shipping but you do not have to worried about the goons from the shipping companies damaging them in transit.

I had always assumed that the books were still being mailed in, just as a bulk shipment...At least from CBCS representation at Canadian Conventions.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulbg2000
Quote:

I had always assumed that the books were still being mailed in, just as a bulk shipment...At least from CBCS representation at Canadian Conventions.

True but think of it this way:

If the book gets damaged on the way to CBCS the loss is all yours to keep and enjoy.

If you drop the book off at a con and it gets damaged on the way to CBCS HQ, CBCS is responsible for the loss.
Post 15 IP   flag post
597868 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?