Post 176 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user

Post 177 IP   flag post
1st Yellowjacket

Post 178 IP   flag post
1st Squadron Sinister.
As you may have guessed, I'm one of those collectors who consider Cameos as being the 1st app.

Post 179 IP   flag post
1st Squadron Supreme.

Post 180 IP   flag post

Collector VictorCreed private msg quote post Address this user

Post 181 IP   flag post
Collector Badger private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by martymann

CC

mm
I remember buying this book off a newsstand at Circle K and being blown away,lol. Loved this story! In fact all of these issues from 114 through 206 were great. 207 was so so and 208 was so bad I quit reading comics for a few years. Seriously.
Post 182 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user

CC

mm
Post 183 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatmanAmerica
Marvel Mystery #13, first appearance of S&K's the Vision...

@CatmanAmerica

I've tried to figure out...is this Vision the same character introduced in Avengers 57? Or do they only share the same name?

In the historical context, yes. It would be fair to list the GA Vision by S&K as the first Vision, and Avengers #57 as introducing the first SA Vision. Often, under Goodman and Stan Lee's leadership ...in conjunction with their bullpen of artist's... they'd reenvision (pun intended) costumed heroes under copyright, fiddling with the origins & appearance of the characters as originally conceived to appeal to whatever contemporary demographic they were trying to reach.

Marvel was never consistent about reinventing heroes. For instance, when Cap was brought back in the mid-50's under the Atlas banner, Bucky was rehired over Golden Girl who replaced the character in the late 40's. Then when Cap was brought back n the 60's, Bucky disappeared again only to be revived in a convoluted plot line involving WW II. In that sense, Marvel's characters are a bit like Silly Putty, taking on whatever image, origin or role they're pressed into, then shedding it for some other reimagining.

Sorry, too much caffeine today when a simple "yes" or "no" would've probably sufficed.
Post 184 IP   flag post

Post 185 IP   flag post

Post 186 IP   flag post

Post 187 IP   flag post

Post 188 IP   flag post

Post 189 IP   flag post

Post 190 IP   flag post
Since the numbers of GA firsts gracing this thread seem to be in short supply, here's the first Fox appearance of Phantom Lady...

Post 191 IP   flag post

Post 192 IP   flag post

Post 193 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Marvel Mystery #13, first appearance of S&K's the Vision...

@CatmanAmerica

I've tried to figure out...is this Vision the same character introduced in Avengers 57? Or do they only share the same name?

In the historical context, yes. It would be fair to list the GA Vision by S&K as the first Vision, and Avengers #57 as introducing the first SA Vision. Often, under Goodman and Stan Lee's leadership ...in conjunction with their bullpen of artist's... they'd reenvision (pun intended) characters under copyright, fiddling with the origins & appearance of the original characters as conceived to appeal to whatever contemporary demographic they were trying to reach.

Marvel was never consistent about reinventing heroes. For instance, when Cap was brought back in the mid-50's under the Atlas banner, Bucky was rehired over Golden Girl who replaced the character in the late 40's. Then when Cap was brought back n the 60's, Bucky disappeared again only to be revived in a convoluted plot line involving WW II. In that sense, Marvel's characters are a bit like Silly Putty, taking on whatever image, origin or role they're pressed into, then shedding it for some other reimagining.

Sorry, too much caffeine today when a simple "yes" or "no" would've probably sufficed.

Thank you!! always a pleasure reading your posts....the more info the better. Thank you for replying to my question.
Post 194 IP   flag post

Post 195 IP   flag post

Post 196 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS

That SA take on the "Destroyer" leaves the impression ...on me, at least... of the SA Vision after receiving a blood transfusion from Bruce Banner. Alas, that purple cape with diamond or star (?) shaped clasp and green skin just doesn't scream "Vision" to me.

The GA version of the Destroyer (as drawn by Jack Kirby) kicked booty on an international scale, and he did it in tights with stripes! Note: This image is for reference as it's the second appearance of the character in Mystic Comics...

Post 197 IP   flag post

Post 198 IP   flag post
First appearance of The SHIELD & The Comet in PEP Comics #1 (Jan. '40)...

Post 199 IP   flag post

Post 200 IP   flag post

Post 201 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS

I've got a pence copy of this book that I'm looking to trade.
Post 202 IP   flag post

Post 203 IP   flag post
First appearance of The SHIELD in new costume (apparently redesigned by Jack Kirby after leaving Timely) reimagined without super powers...

Notice how similar the new Shield costume is to Cap's fighting attire!
Post 204 IP   flag post
Gambit

Post 205 IP   flag post
601509 314 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?