Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
https://www.ebay.com/itm/BATMAN-DAMNED-1-UNCENSORED-CGC-10-DC-Black-Label-GEM-MINT-Batpenis/153242818266?hash=item23adfbd6da:g:unwAAOSwE95b25sx:rk:42:pf:0

The same seller has

3 copies at 9.9
3 copies at 10
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector infinityG private msg quote post Address this user
insanity.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Topsykrets private msg quote post Address this user
Lol I have one up for trade the Jim lee cover I believe raw ungraded tho
Post 3 IP   flag post
I'm wondering how many books you have to go through, or what connection do you have to have, to get 6 9.9+ books
Post 4 IP   flag post
I was gunna say maybe he a scammer but that account has plenty good ratings
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector TimBildhauser private msg quote post Address this user
Jesse_O posted a screenshot of the CGC census on this book. At that point there were more 9.9 & 10.0 copies than there were 9.8 copies.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Makes you wonder the quality of grading if there are this many 10’s
Post 7 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBildhauser
Jesse_O posted a screenshot of the CGC census on this book. At that point there were more 9.9 & 10.0 copies than there were 9.8 copies.

I don't recall doing that, but it's a great idea!!! It looks like there are still more 10's and 9.9's than all the grades below combined.

Post 8 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
didnt this book have a thicker paperstock thereby ensuring higher grades?
Post 9 IP   flag post
Well, I guess anyone looking to add a "10" to their collection, now knows where to look.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Get 10 the hard way, am I right?
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
A 10. Wow! I just lost it. I've got to clean myself up.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector robertofredrico private msg quote post Address this user
On Facebook, Dre Witt said:

"You'd have to trip over yourself to not pull 9.9 or 10.0 on this book. It was that easy. Again, it comes down to the print run. It was beautiful across the board. Dealers were asking me why I wasn't subbing the book at NYCC as well. My answer plain and simple was that there will be a huge market correction on this book. Anyone spending thousands of dollars on 10.0s is wasting their money."
Post 13 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertofredrico
On Facebook, Dre Witt said:

"You'd have to trip over yourself to not pull 9.9 or 10.0 on this book. It was that easy. Again, it comes down to the print run. It was beautiful across the board. Dealers were asking me why I wasn't subbing the book at NYCC as well. My answer plain and simple was that there will be a huge market correction on this book. Anyone spending thousands of dollars on 10.0s is wasting their money."

I think this is true of 99.9% of moderns, variants included.
Post 14 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
I bet Bruce is pretty damn happy that CGC gave him a 10 even though the cave is probably pretty cold. Yeah and the grading is decent.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector TimBildhauser private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O I thought it was you, apparently not. LOL
Post 16 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
I'm sending my copies in today and hoping for a 10. I've never received a 10 or a 9.9 on anything, moderns included, but they are right: these comics are damn near perfect in the printing.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
How are you supposed to see his penis if the book is in a slab?!
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBildhauser

I don't recall doing that, but it's a great idea!!! It looks like there are still more 10's and 9.9's than all the grades below combined.

So 9.8s are more valuable than 9.9 or 10.0 because they are more scarce, right?

I call that "comic book logic."
Post 19 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
10" for 10.0.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector Ambush_Bug private msg quote post Address this user
Ugh.. I was at a comic store the day that came out. There were three copies there. I thumbed through it but wasn't super crazy about the artwork, or wasn't up for a "dark" book that day. I didn't notice the money shot page. Regrets.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio

LOL!!!!
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector mrelowe private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

With a Bat-Xray? From what I have heard, you may need to attach it to the Bat-Microscope.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

You can't really see it in the book anyway. After it's slabbed, all you'll see is a raised bump on the inner sleeve.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Reminds me of New Mutants 98. 13,000 of the 15,000 graded copies are 9.0 or higher but people keep laying out the big money for the grades north of 9.0
Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:

You can't really see it in the book anyway. After it's slabbed, all you'll see is a raised bump on the inner sleeve.

Now there's an idea! D.C. Needs to up the up the ante and add raised or pop upfeatures...maybe via a 2nd printing!
Post 26 IP   flag post
601488 26 26
This topic is archived. Start new topic?