Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Crunkpostit private msg quote post Address this user
Probably one of the worst condition you could ever be bestowed upon of one of the greatest comics ever. 1st phoenix. My neighbor gave me some comics her son owned a year ago. This was one of them of some bronze stuff in a military file locker. I plan on finding a place to send it to to make it grade better. It obviously was very loved by the original owner. Pen mark, cupon cut out that affects story :.(, the cover omg. This book has seen better days.
With a full service what max grade might it get? A 5.0?

I doubt any restoration would be a good idea. Like doner pages or cover kind of thing.

It is what it is. A free comic.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Relaxin89 private msg quote post Address this user
Iā€™d take it all day, free is free. I loved that story line. Good grab šŸ‘.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thanks lol. I almost wanted to cry because I once dreamed of owning it. But too much $$$$$. Even years ago I couldn't afford shoes hardly lol.
I think it should be left in its current state just spine roll fix, press and clean. Might do wonders.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector lpgasdude private msg quote post Address this user
I think I have seen on the forums here that a piece or page missing that effects the story line will get you a .5. Someone correct me if I'm wrong please. But it's probably still worth a few $$. Good neighbor.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector ThorneArt private msg quote post Address this user
Oh man, what a time for me to go get food.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I guess better to have than be without. So no matter what its probably gonna get a .5? :/ or .5 off?

I mainly want it to present well. Ive seen cars get fixed up. I know comics aren't the same but...
Post 6 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
I agree that you will get an "Incomplete" for that cutout. Not worth the expense to press+clean....in my opinion.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito
I agree that you will get an "Incomplete" for that cutout. Not worth the expense to press+clean....in my opinion.

If I do it myself?
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector ThorneArt private msg quote post Address this user
As a comic romantic, I think it is awesome that some kid cut that form out and mailed it in, to order some of those Treasury sized comics. I wonder which ones he got?
Post 9 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@ThorneArt I ordered the Captain America and Thor!!!
Post 10 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
@ThorneArt I ordered the Captain America and Thor!!!

Do you still have them, @Jesse_O?
Post 11 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Not the original ones. I had to sell my comics to buy diapers many years ago!!! I've since reacquired the Cap one though!!!
Post 12 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O That's what you get for becoming an adult. šŸ˜†
Post 13 IP   flag post
I wasn't thought of yet. An amazing book though. I really wish it was in super great condition. At least this is more of an affordable copy.
Post 14 IP   flag post
What grade roughly could this get before and after clean and pressed? What could be the current grade?
Post 15 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
No higher than 1.8 but you are looking at 1.0-1.5 with that large coupon missing.
Post 16 IP   flag post
598059 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?