Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicnewbie
@Studley_Dudley what book would be the first appearance of Namor ? Thanks
Marvel Comics #1. You're welcome.

Nope. @Batman66 is correct. Namor first appeared in Motion Pictures Funnies Weekly.

Post 27 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
I stand corrected. Thank you. I was always under the impression it was MC 1. Maybe it was just the original Human Torch.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
I stand corrected. Thank you. I was always under the impression it was MC 1. Maybe it was just the original Human Torch.

I think it was unclear for years. The discovery of the pay copies of both probably clarified it. They were discovered at the same time from the same estate. A friend of mine was actually involved with the discovery. He answered the ad and had to coordinate getting another retailer to go check out what was being sold. I was hanging out with him while he was back and forth on the phone that evening. He was explaining the whole "pay copy" thing to me the day they were discovered.
Post 29 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:

I think it was unclear for years. The discovery of the pay copies of both probably clarified it. They were discovered at the same time from the same estate. A friend of mine was actually involved with the discovery. He answered the ad and had to coordinate getting another retailer to go check out what was being sold. I was hanging out with him while he was back and forth on the phone that evening. He was explaining the whole "pay copy" thing to me the day they were discovered.

So cool!!!
Post 30 IP   flag post

Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
@X51 that is very cool!
Post 31 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:

So cool!!!

I am easily bored, so I tend to unintentionally migrate towards people who are doing interesting stuff and making things happen. He was a high roller back then and I was at poverty level. Go figure. I haven't seen him in many years. He's doing the lawyer thing now. That kind of talk would bore me. LOL!
Post 32 IP   flag post
600806 32 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?