Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature VSPComics Modern AgeQuestionsSignatures

Sig Verification help7785

Collector Citikill private msg quote post Address this user
Need some help I got these 2 comics both are signed by Scott Williams. I checked Beckett's online list of folks and he isn't on the list. Should I wait to send these in until he is on there or just go ahead and send in and see if they pass? Thanks

Post 1 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
If you're asking if they are valid and if you should send them in for signature validation, then I'd say, yes and only if you would like to

clickable text

clickable text
Post 2 IP   flag post
I believe they are valid, its just that I read an earlier post of someone who sent in comics where the signee wasn't listed on the Beckett site and it took them 3 tries to get them verified. Rather get them done once than waste the time of resending them over and over if that makes sense.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Here's an old eBay auction for a CBCS Red Label verified Scott Williams.

You should be good...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-612-CBCS-9-6-signed-and-verified-Jim-Lee-Scott-Williams-Alex-Sinclair/153241835341?pageci=b8d5cc5c-47cc-409d-bfde-25e7d0df1d07
Post 4 IP   flag post
Awesome then I will send those bad boys in! Thanks
Post 5 IP   flag post
Also I understand that I shouldn't bother sending the COA's in with them?
Post 6 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citikill
Also I understand that I shouldn't bother sending the COA's in with them?

If you want to keep the certificates, then I wouldn't send them in as they wouldn't serve any purpose. They may not get returned.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Zipper private msg quote post Address this user
Given the credible questioning of the Dynamic Forces "Jack Kirby" books, DF COAs have little credibility in my opinion. The Williams books are likely ok, but I would obtain independent verification.
Post 8 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulbg2000
Here's an old eBay auction for a CBCS Red Label verified Scott Williams.

You should be good...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-612-CBCS-9-6-signed-and-verified-Jim-Lee-Scott-Williams-Alex-Sinclair/153241835341?pageci=b8d5cc5c-47cc-409d-bfde-25e7d0df1d07

The thing right now is that CBCS was recently bought by Beckett who has since taken over authentication duties from a CSA.

We’re not sure right now if Beckett’s library of signatures matches CSA’s or if the list of signatures they can authenticate is limited to the list Beckett has on its site. @Citikill said Scott Williams was not on the website list and unfortunately we’re unable to tell from the link you posted whether that signature was authenticated by CSA or by Beckett (there’s a note of who did it on the back of the label and on the grader’s notes but the images provided are too blurry to make out).

I don’t submit too many books for VSP so I don’t have one done by Beckett yet. I do have two books with CBCS right now for verification of signatures not on the Beckett list but they’re a few months away from completion
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
@Citikill but why get them graded? The cost of grading would exceed the value of the book.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
that was me that sent in a book 3 times and it was more about standing my ground because I knew it was real and catching them on a day where it passed. It was solely about principal as the book was worth less than what I paid for the first sig verification. Like they say, sometimes the artist sig changes for a variety or reasons. no one says its a fake...it just doesn't pass for the sigs on file.

it sounds more like you're asking if it will fail if the artist isn't on file. I suspect they will just ship it back or call you and ask if you still want it slabbed if they cant verify . i went through this about 3 yrs ago..I ended up writing to the artists ( 2 of them) and explained what i was doing and they gladly sent in sigs to CBCS for me.
Post 11 IP   flag post
@KingNampa I have the entire Dark nights metal run graded, figured I would go ahead and do these too, especially if I can get them verified. That way I can have an entire graded set.
Post 12 IP   flag post
600893 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?