Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Golden AgeComics Silver AgeGrading Help NeededQuestions

inventory marks on 60s books7780

Collector donho private msg quote post Address this user
Does the grading companies take into account that many retailers did the writing on the covers of most comics for inventory purposes and what kind of hit do they take because of it. any advice or help would be appreciated. thanks
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
I think they take into consideration date stamps but actual hand written marks I believe will be counted against.

I could be wrong. Others please help answer the question.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
It really depends on its size and where it is on the cover (what is it covering). I have submitted books with date stamps that have received as high as 9.6, but the date stamp is noted on the grader's notes (I don't know if I would have gotten a 9.8 without it). I am submitting a SA book today with a big grease pencil date on the cover, but it is not high grade. So I am assuming that the date won't really matter in this case.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector donho private msg quote post Address this user
these are writing with pen and pencil. with date received and percent of order that they received of the books I think. like march 18 1962 and 87 % but none cover artwork on cover and is always in a blank spot of the cover like yellow sand and the sky
Post 4 IP   flag post
598060 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?