Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Golden Age

GOLDEN AGE "FUNNY ANIMALS".7773

Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user

Post 426 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
Far more GREAT BOOKS than I ever expected to see.
Thanks to all!...keep 'em comin'.

Marty
Post 427 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 428 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelekrupp
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatmanAmerica
Quote:
Getting warmer, Cat. I thought you had all the cool stuff; I’m a little surprised you don’t have a high grade Looney Tunes 1 tucked away somewhere!

Is there such a thing as a GA "funny animal comic book" for GA collectors who aren't into funny animals?

How about golden age animal comics in general, Cat? The Lone Ranger had Silver, Rin-Tin-Tin had his day. Some GA super heroes had animal sidekicks. I’d be interested in seeing whatever you can come up with!

Well, how about Kitten, she's Catman's sidekick and my kinda animal!

I just can't see the shark qualifying as a funny animal, great teeth though! ...Wait a minute! Are those clown fish?
Post 429 IP   flag post
You get course credit as far as I am concerned 👍. Although, as someone who enjoys all the meats of our comic book cultural stew, I would point out that a “try me bite” (as my wife says to our grandson) never hurt anyone, and you may find you develop a taste for duck, rabbit, etc.😉
Post 430 IP   flag post

Post 431 IP   flag post

Post 432 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 433 IP   flag post

Post 434 IP   flag post

OO

mm
Post 435 IP   flag post

Post 436 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
You get course credit as far as I am concerned 👍. Although, as someone who enjoys all the meats of our comic book cultural stew, I would point out that a “try me bite” (as my wife says to our grandson) never hurt anyone, and you may find you develop a taste for duck, rabbit, etc.😉

Alas, I have a fondness for a wide range of exotic cuisine, but waxing poetic about the carnivorous consumption of duck would probably not be readily appreciated by the refined palates of most readers in this thread (my suspicion is that this extends to pork and rabbit as well).
Post 437 IP   flag post

Post 438 IP   flag post

Post 439 IP   flag post
@michaelekrupp the cool thing about funny animal or any non-superhero comic, is the variety of characters encompassed with the often comedic nature of the covers. Not to mention the scarcity of some funny animals are a lot harder to find in nice grade. Like a Super Duck #1 or a Funnyman #1. Makes the quest fun to find them.
Post 440 IP   flag post
Before there was Silver Surfer there was this guy.
Post 441 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
@michaelekrupp the cool thing about funny animal or any non-superhero comic, is the variety of characters encompassed with the often comedic nature of the covers. Not to mention the scarcity of some funny animals are a lot harder to find in nice grade. Like a Super Duck #1 or a Funnyman #1. Makes the quest fun to find them.

Funny animal comics in particular are hard to find in high grade because of the simple fact that most of them were owned by younger children, who generally didn’t take care to keep them in nice shape. My experience is that, while g/vg is the most common condition for old comics to be found in, for child oriented comics, fr/gd is most common. Fine or better are truly hard to find, outside of the uncirculated file copies and a handful of pedigree collections. I do have to say that the high grade collection you have managed to assemble is truly impressive! Great job!👍
Post 442 IP   flag post
Quote:

Funny animal comics in particular are hard to find in high grade because of the simple fact that most of them were owned by younger children, who generally didn’t take care to keep them in nice shape.

Agreed...I tried to take care of them but moving around over the
years took it's toll on many of the books in my collection.

OO

mm
Post 443 IP   flag post
It’s impressive that you were able to keep them together over the years. After my parents divorced when I was 4, my mom remarried and we moved to Michigan’s upper peninsula when I was 6. After living up there for about a year, we moved back to the lower peninsula. Every possession I had was left behind at that point. Shortly after that, a neighbor girl in my new neighborhood gave me a paper grocery bag of comic books which her brothers had outgrown. That bag of comics became my entire world! Unfortunately, a year later we moved again and all my possessions (which was pretty much just the bag of comics)were again left behind. It’s probably some Freudian thing that I surround myself with thousands of comic books as an adult 🤔.
Post 444 IP   flag post

Post 445 IP   flag post

Post 446 IP   flag post

@michaelekrupp Pork chops!!!!
Post 447 IP   flag post
Pork chops are tasting good today!

Post 448 IP   flag post
@michaelekrupp More PORKCHOPS.

OO

mm
Post 449 IP   flag post

Post 450 IP   flag post

Post 451 IP   flag post

Post 452 IP   flag post

Post 453 IP   flag post

Post 454 IP   flag post

OO ("N" copy)

mm
Post 455 IP   flag post
601308 621 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?