Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS GradedComics Restoration and ConservationQuestionsRaw Comics For Sale

Pre Sreening7772

Collector cosanostra937 private msg quote post Address this user
Does any company do a pre-screening? If so, then who and how much? I'm new at this. I've collected for years when I was younger, and now would love to get them graded.
Thank You
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Hello. Here is a screenshot I just took. I'm sure if you ask customer service at CBCS they will get you to the right people or answer your question. Hope this helps.

Post 2 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@GanaSoth thanks for sharing, good information. I did have a question about CBCS and restored books. Does anybody know if a book has minor restoration if CBCS has a service of removing it. Also would like to see that as part of the prescreen option
Post 3 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
@GanaSoth thanks for sharing, good information. I did have a question about CBCS and restored books. Does anybody know if a book has minor restoration if CBCS has a service of removing it. Also would like to see that as part of the prescreen option

Pre-screening is definitely a service available at CBCS, but I don't think restoration removal is currently one of the services offered. I'm making that assumption based on the books sent with Steve Borock for grading and pre-screening at last month's OAFcon, two came back with discovered restoration, ...one having been graded previously by CGC as a universal grade! If CBCS offered this service for suitable candidates, I'd certainly consider it.

PS: BIG shout out of thanks to Steve for handling my top tier GA books personally.
Post 4 IP   flag post
596782 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?