Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector TST private msg quote post Address this user
Hello, new to cbcs I cant reach anyone by phone or email. I've submitted one comic for grade and slabbing.My question is shipping 23.00 fed ex was the cheapest offered. Any help with cheaper shipping would be very helpful.

Thanks
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
Fedex is better to me and you come out cheaper if you get at least 5 comics graded instead 1 comic graded.Good luck
Post 2 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
If you set up your own Fedex account you can use that and CBCS will only charge you for handling fees.

Fedex accounts are free and anyone can set one up.

In the future it helps to submit more books. That way the shipping cost per book tends to be lower.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Homer private msg quote post Address this user
How much are handling fees if one has there own fed ex account. Are the fees itemized on the Cbcs web site.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer
How much are handling fees if one has there own fed ex account. Are the fees itemized on the Cbcs web site.

I see some invoices where I think they forgot my Fedex account and have yet to figure out the rhyme or reason behind the calculation of handling fees.

With that said it seems that the handling charges have been more consistent over the last couple months where I used their online form instead of submitting at shows.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Homer private msg quote post Address this user
Ok thanks, I see CBCS does not have an invoice fee like CGC does. CGC informs the customer the cost of that invoice fee before they submit. On the back end CBCS has some handling fee's when one uses there own shipping account, although that cost is not clarified on there web site or invoice before submitting.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
CBCS’s shipping fees are based on the number of books first, then the total value of the comics. So the cheapest way to ship (the per comic cost) is in multiples of five (5 books, 10, 15, etc.). That way, as the number of books increases, the per book shipping cost decreases.
Post 7 IP   flag post
597964 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?