Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

2018 Holiday Gift Exchange7757

Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
I had fun with this one.

Marvel (Any reprints or 2nd printings)
Art Germ Fan
Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers) or Ms Marvel (Carol)
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
In

Surprise me
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
I'm in!! Any bronze age MARVEL or Foreign comic books.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector DarthKribs private msg quote post Address this user
Count me in

Star wars, GI Joe, Punisher
Post 29 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Okay, I'm in, too.

I collect great art and great stories; fun stuff, like Super Sons, Ambush Bug, Scrooge McDuck; and high-grade late silver and early bronze.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector Topsykrets private msg quote post Address this user
I’m in

Spider-Man and Rick and morty and Batman who laughs
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
I'm new around here, but this sounds like fun!

I collect Amazing Spidey, older Batman and Detective, and (as my name and avatar pretty much give away) comics with Catwoman on the cover.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector bythegram private msg quote post Address this user
I’m in!

I collect Spawn and McFarlane era Spidey
Post 33 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
I collect a lot of pretty much everything signatures: toys, cards, statues, posters, video games, and so on.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector Zombiebigfoot private msg quote post Address this user
Count me in as well!

ASM
Batman
The Joker
ANYTHING Alex Ross related!
Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
Ok, I'll participate-

I like the usual Marvel biggies- Wolverine, spidey,Punisher, Daredevil hulk etc

I'm probably a bigger fan of Indie books and non superhero stories these days

I also like "sexy" covers and unintended funny covers
Post 36 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Last call!
Post 37 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for the bump @dielinfinite!!!! I still need a bunch of names and addresses!!! @Enelson @Zombiebigfoot @bythegram @CatCovers please pm me with your name and address ASAP!!! More names coming.
Post 38 IP   flag post
I also need names and addresses from: @iggykoopa30 @donho @BronzeAgeBaby @shrewbeer @Ginosdad @Gabriel85301 @poka @Rafel Please pm me ASAP!!!

And @GAC did you want in??? You commented about the Canadian postal dispute, but didn't say if you wanted in. I'm just checking to see if you want in.
Post 39 IP   flag post
Collector DarthKribs private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthKribs
Count me in

Star wars, GI Joe, Punisher
I forgot to add The Walking Dead
Post 40 IP   flag post
Collector Hexigore private msg quote post Address this user
Okay, I’ll give this a whirl. Sounds like fun! I’m in!
I collect:

Old DC horror books
Star Wars
GI Joe (Marvel)
Marvel Transformers
Post 41 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Okay, Jesse, count me in!

Since I am not actively seeking too many titles, I am going to provide a list of comics that have covers by the late, great Dave Stevens. These hopefully shouldn’t be too expensive or rare, even in high grade.

DNA Agents #24 (1985), Crossfire #12 (1985), 3-D Seduction of the Innocent #1 (1985), Airboy #5 (1986), Jonny Quest #5 (1986), Elvira’s House of Mystery #11 (1987), Planet Comics #1 (1988), and Jungle Comics #1 (1988).

If You don’t have copies of any of those lying around, I could use upgrades for Conan #194, and Uncanny X-Men #230 and 274. And any Pence or Foreign copies of Spider-Man, X-Men, or Batman would be greatly appreciated also.

Now I can’t wait!
Post 42 IP   flag post
Collector Zombiebigfoot private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O
PM sent my man. 👍🏻
Post 43 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
I also need names and addresses from: @iggykoopa30 @donho @BronzeAgeBaby @shrewbeer @Ginosdad @Gabriel85301 @poka @Rafel Please pm me ASAP!!!

And @GAC did you want in??? You commented about the Canadian postal dispute, but didn't say if you wanted in. I'm just checking to see if you want in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O

Hi Jessie, I'm on file and I just sent you a personnel message.
Post 44 IP   flag post
Collector MarvelousComics private msg quote post Address this user
Sounds like a great way to spread some cheer!

My favorites are (don't laugh) "The Rocketeer"...it's a childhood thing, "Spider-Man" and "Moon Knight".

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My son would also like to play if it's ok:

His is Spider-Man, Venom and Carnage
Post 45 IP   flag post
Collector Ginosdad private msg quote post Address this user
I'm in for both!! Mostly collect Marvel Team-Up, any DC 100 Page Spectaculars, and any trade compilations (Marvel Essentials, DC Archives)
Post 46 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O pm sent
Post 47 IP   flag post
Ok, just to let everyone know, I am waiting for three more addresses. I have sent them all pms. I hope to hear from them all by tomorrow afternoon so I get people assigned names before Black Friday. If I counted right, we have 36 people involved this year!!!! That is great!!!
Post 48 IP   flag post
Down to one person!!!!
Post 49 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcher
Im in:
Spidey,Wolverine,Punisher,sexy covers

I also like Gi combat, unknown soldier and sgt rock...coverless is fine...miss reading those stories
Post 50 IP   flag post
Ok, everyone that signed up should have a pm from me with the name and address of the person you need to buy a gift for. If you did not receive a message from me, let me know ASAP!!!

If you find that you cannot get a gift for someone, PLEASE let me know ASAP so a gift can be sent to that person. I know how life can throw curve balls at a person this time of year. Just pm me and it'll just be between you and me, no judgement.

In order for people to have their gifts in time, let's try to mail the packages out by Dec. 15th so that the carriers have time to get them to the recipients.

Above all, have fun everyone!!! We ended up with 36 people in the exchange and that is great!!!
Post 51 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Hi, everyone. I'm thinking I might not have given enough guidance on what I like for my secret santa, but mostly I like being surprised by what someone else thinks is good. However, if you would like more ideas (or something more specific, or different categories, etc.) please just pm Jesse - who is doing a great job organizing this, btw - so he can pm me to add something.

Maybe some other people feel the same. Also, I felt like Jesse didn't have enough to do and probably needed some more tasks.

Seriously, though, thanks for organizing this @Jesse_O
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
btw, whomever drew me, I pretty much have every Captain Marvel - Ms Marvel Book out there..

and every ART GERM cover put out..

but I do collect reprints, Marvel Milestones, 2nd prints, etc etc.

I'm happy with whatever I get.

Funny the person I choose, likes a character I pretty much hate. so this is going to be a good challenge to educate myself on why I hate this character so much and find something they might enjoy, that may not have.

oh! one more thing,

Can I tell the person I got last year for Secret Santa that I chose them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel85301
I had fun with this one.

Marvel (Any reprints or 2nd printings)
Art Germ Fan
Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers) or Ms Marvel (Carol)
Post 53 IP   flag post
Thanks for the kind words @Tedsaid!! I enjoy setting this up and doing this.

And every once in while, you get a special request from someone, like @Gabriel85301 asked if he could buy for a certain person. I was happy to help him out. Did that happen again this year??? We'll only know if the sender fesses up, cause I'm not telling!!! LOL!!!
Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
similar sentiments Jesse ...your time and effort here are appreciated...thanks
Post 55 IP   flag post
598080 214 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?