Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Events

Mark Roman leaving CBCS7750

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Mark Roman shared this on the Official CBCS Witness page on facebook.

I wish him well on this new chapter in his life. He will surely be missed!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Roman
Hello fellow co-workers, collectors, customers, authorized witnesses & facilitators. After hard and long consideration, I've decided to leave CBCS and pursue other interests in a different field.

I've met some of the best people in the industry and consider most like my own family. I'm sure we'll meet again, since I'll still remain a comic book nerd & a fan attending some of the conventions. This decision came into realization that I have to take care of myself and do what's in my best interest. This has to be one of the hardest decision of my life, as this was not an easy one. The AWs and Facilitators are like my own children and many will also be missed. The artists and writers, which I've met while attending and/or working the conventions, even though most I've known before I worked for CBCS and called many of them "friends", have come to be big supporters of CBCS, while our customers and myself became and continued being big fans of theirs. I've never been more passionate about any other job I've had and never minded putting in countless hours of work into the late hours, as this was a labor of love. I know CBCS, under the Beckett umbrella, will be very successful....there's no doubt about that.

I will miss doing one of the best jobs in the World.....that's for sure. I'm very glad and consider myself very lucky, to of been a part of this great industry.

CBCS will be assigning a person in the near future to oversee the Authentic Signature Program on a full-time basis, after my departure. However, that person is not in place yet, In the interim, please send all future approval requests to Darryl Hayden at Dhayden@cbcscomics.com. Darryl will be signing off on approvals and returning the forms to witnesses. Please note that all approval requests have to be sent in two weeks prior to the event. Others will oversea the booking of conventions, confirming private signings, etc.

For the time being no new witness applicants will be considered either for personal use or facilitator status, after November 10. If you are currently in good standing as a personal witness or facilitator you may continue to send in approval requests. Anyone desiring to have books signed but is not a witness should contact a CBCS facilitator to make arrangements to have them witness for you.

Thank you and God bless!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector ONLINE_209 private msg quote post Address this user
that's sad to hear but I do wish him the best
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Darryl_H private msg quote post Address this user
Say it aint so Mark!!!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
NOOOO!!!! This is unacceptable. I wonder what the back story is.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
I remember when Mark Roman was cracking skulls in the NFL. 'Twas a simpler time...
Post 5 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafel
NOOOO!!!! This is unacceptable. I wonder what the back story is.

He got tired of the job and wanted to do something different?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
So sorry to hear. He will be deeply missed.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Mark has done a great job with the signature program. He will be missed.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Mark always made himself available and is a stand up guy. He was one of the reasons I preferred CBCS over CGC. He will definitely be missed and I wish him the best.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector KYoung_1974 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
I remember when Mark Roman was cracking skulls in the NFL. 'Twas a simpler time...

I see what you did there...
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry to here you leaving from cbcs.Good luck and were ever the wind blows you brother.
Post 11 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
He is too busy catching snakes at his house and his two doggies.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector antoniofett private msg quote post Address this user
Good luck sir!
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Wish him nothing but the best. I haven't met him, but through e-mail he was very accommodating and patient with my questions when I registered for ASP.
Post 14 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
When I last spoke with Mark this past weekend I told him I had some paperwork to send him regarding payments I made for artist fees at NYCC.

He told me to copy someone else who could follow up after he leaves.

Does anyone know who Mark was referring to?

Thanks!
Post 15 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@drchaos Possibly Steve Palus (spaulus@CBCScomics.com) he was the signature programs coordinator before Mark and Mark would direct you to him for AW approvals when he was unavailable
Post 16 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite I know Steve but Mark named someone else I am not familiar with.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
@drchaos In the OP of this thread, it says to:

"In the interim, please send all future approval requests to Darryl Hayden at Dhayden@cbcscomics.com"

That might be the person.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar
@drchaos In the OP of this thread, it says to:

"In the interim, please send all future approval requests to Darryl Hayden at Dhayden@cbcscomics.com"

That might be the person.

That's it!

Glad someone was paying attention (unlike me).
Post 19 IP   flag post
600777 19 19
This topic is archived. Start new topic?