Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Events

Rhode Island Comic Con this Friday, Saturday, & Sunday7748

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I have my tickets for Sunday and I know Corey (@drchaos) will be there Friday and Saturday. CBCS will be there too, so I have to figure out what books to drop off for grading (I already have two prior orders in house with them from July and August). Anyone else planning on attending this year?

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Johnnylray private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo Brother..I am working on my passes as we speak.Hope to see you on Saturday...Hope all is well!
Post 2 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Johnnylray - Ray, I will be there on Sunday, but any money I don’t spend will be saved for my next purchase or two from you! Hope to see you again soon.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector JMR private msg quote post Address this user
How is that con for pure comics? Specifically golden age and silver age...Is it mostly celebs and toys?
Post 4 IP   flag post
@JMR - There is a lot of everything at this convention. It fills up both the Providence Civic Center and the Rhode Island Convention Center. If you go, wear your best walking shoes! Looking back at last year’s con, I should have spent more time going through comics from vendors set up in the corridor that surrounds the Civic Center. Because once I walked over to the Convention Center, I never bothered to go back there, even though I had seen some decent SA books there. Like most conventions, most wall books have been marked up to crazy prices, but the dealers know that and some will make fair deals if you make reasonable offers.
PS - Like most big cons these days, there are plenty of toys, artists, celebrities, etc. too. Maybe too many.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone know how much Kevin Eastman or Clayton Crain charge for an autograph? I’m thinking if they’re cheap/free I might make the trek (about an hour for me). Especially if CBCS is there.

I have a TMNT collected edition graphic novel if like Eastman to sign and a comic or two I’d love to get a yellow cbcs label from Crain.
Post 6 IP   flag post
@Drogio - Last year Eastman would do the first book for free, then charge $5 or $10 for each additional signature.
Post 7 IP   flag post
@esaravo if you have a moment and think of it, please check out their tables Friday and let me know. Just saw ticket prices are $45...wow.

Also, did you grab your passes at Cardis?
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
@esaravo if you have a moment and think of it, please check out their tables Friday and let me know. Just saw ticket prices are $45...wow.

Also, did you grab your passes at Cardis?

I only picked up passes for Sunday for myself and my son. Maybe Corey can post about signature prices after he checks things out on Friday. I got my tickets directly from the Box Office at the Dunk (Civic Center). They were $40 each for Sunday, plus an additional $3 box office fee for each. The same tickets were $35 each last year. I'm starting to think Terrific Con in CT is a better deal.
Post 9 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
CBCS will take submissions for Crson and Liefeld do you do not have to wait in line for them

I think Crain is $20 graded or $5 for just the signature.

I think Eastman is about the same.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector JustABitEvil private msg quote post Address this user
I'll be there Saturday, theres some good hunting in the bins there.
Post 11 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Day one was not perfect but went fairly well until I ended up with a flat tire on the way back to the hotel.

Hopefully day 2 goes better.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector JMR private msg quote post Address this user
Are there lots of comic vendors? I collect mostly golden age. Last show in MA was a complete waste. Mostly new toys and comics, which were mostly overpriced commons. I paid $30 to visit Maybe 3 real comic vendors.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMR
Are there lots of comic vendors? I collect mostly golden age. Last show in MA was a complete waste. Mostly new toys and comics, which were mostly overpriced commons. I paid $30 to visit Maybe 3 real comic vendors.

This is much much bigger..almost too much to get through.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Day one was not perfect but went fairly well until I ended up with a flat tire on the way back to the hotel.

Hopefully day 2 goes better.

you should have called brother..im 20 mins away..I could've grabbed u until AAA arrived
Post 15 IP   flag post
@Watcher It wasn't all that bad. Guy got there in about 40 minutes to take care of it.

Today will mostly be celebrity signatures. Hoping the lines won't be all that bad.
Post 16 IP   flag post
I'm going to opt out this year. Got plans today and Sunday. Not to mention I just spent $250 on a couple of slabs on the Bay yesterday.
Post 17 IP   flag post
So I am going to RICCON tomorrow, and I plan on dropping off some comics at the CBCS table. I hadn’t planned on getting any autographs, but since Elvira/Cassandra Peterson will be there, I am very tempted to get her to sign a book. I have a nice copy of Elvira’s House of Mystery #1. Should I get her to sign it? And if I do, should she sign the front cover or the back cover?

Post 18 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo Yes and yes!!!! Both covers!! LOL
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O

I know you are a big fan of hers, Jesse! I think I will bring it and ask her which side she prefers to sign.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Quote:

I know you are a big fan of hers, Jesse! I think I will bring it and ask her which side she prefers to sign.

I see a "backside" joke coming...
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Her signature vertically along the upper left side would look nice.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

I've debated about sharing this, but if I don't I won't be able to sleep. LOL!! This painting is up on my wall just to the right of my computer monitor. I guess you could say I'm a fan. LOL!!!

Post 23 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O - I am glad you were able to get that off her, I mean your, chest.
Post 24 IP   flag post
LOL!!!!!!!
Post 25 IP   flag post

I had her tag these for me today, it was a real shitshow at her line though.
Post 26 IP   flag post
@JustABitEvil - Did she sign "Elvira" or Cassandra?
Post 27 IP   flag post
@esaravo Elvira, but she asked me which I wanted.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Johnnylray private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo @JustABitEvil I was early in line and waited a bit as she was doing the photo op. she made up for the waiting by letting most of us have a few extra minutes of face/talk time.and she was cool..here are my sigs for the day....I go back tomorrow just to look at comics..

Post 29 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
I was there today. I think next year the show should change its name to "Celebrity Con". It'd seriously be more appropriate
Post 30 IP   flag post
601333 50 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?