Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector 90scomicbooknerd private msg quote post Address this user
Hey guys just wanted to ask if anyone could help identify some key Harley Quinn books for me? My wife has really gotten into the character as of late and I want to pick her up some of Harleys better issues. Also if you got picks of the issues could you show them? Thanks.
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
If you can get one of these without taking too big of a hit it's all downhill from here

Post 2 IP   flag post
Yea I saw this at my local comic shop they wanted like 380 for it. They also had a McFarlane Spiderman 1 graded for like 30if I remember right. I told the cashier man in the 90's when I was collecting who would of though a issue of Batman Adventures would be worth more than Spiderman 1.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
There are A LOT of Harley variants at the moment. There is a whole tread discussing them:

https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/641/page/15/harley-quinn-1-variants/#376
Post 4 IP   flag post
Thanks VaComicsGuy. Just looked through the thread. Wow so many covers could go broke on these alone.
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
This is the one that does it for me. What it does not sure but it does it.

Post 6 IP   flag post
It is beautiful JWKyle.I like the Turner cover but i've always loved his artwork.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Absolute_Zero private msg quote post Address this user
Wait 380 for the firat appearance of Harley Quinn dude that is a must buy. Where i live it would around 700 dollar book. Even if its a 5.0 grade. Wow
Post 8 IP   flag post
Really wow. I had no idea.
Post 9 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
$380 is an awesome price for BA#12! Depending on what condition it is in.
Post 10 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah, there really aren't many really key Harley books. Expensive variants, maybe, but few keys.

Batman Adventures 12 has been mentioned. It has been reprinted twice, first by Comic Con Box with 3 covers, and more recently by Midtown (I think) with 2, for a grand total of 6 different versions

Batman Adventures: Mad Love. While Batman Adventures was her first appearance, Mad Love was the first great story featuring the character. It comes in two printings with different covers.

Batman: Harley Quinn This was Harley's first appearance in the main DC continuity. Probably known better for the cover art, which is a classic, than the story.

Harley Quinn #1 Her first solo series. Pretty minor compared to the rest of the list, but worth mentioning

Batman Adventures Annual 1 Harley's third appreance. Again pretty minor.

Suicide Squad (2011) #1 I believe, and correct me if I'm wrong, this is Harley's first appearance as part of Suicide Squad. Given the movie, it might be worth picking up, though I'm not sure what it's going for at the moment.

That's about all I really consider "key" issues. There are certaintly loads of other valuable Harley books and variants which we can bring up, too.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Awesome thanks for that dielinfinite. Which variants would you suggest?
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector akionabr private msg quote post Address this user
$380 is a steal for the BA 12 if its in good condition. There is also a harley quinn trade paper back that just came out that contains a few of her old stories. Not gonna lie, there is A LOT of Harley stuff out there considering she is MAJOR pop culture now. People who don't even like comics like her, and more so after the movie she will uphold popularity. So if you can spare the cash I HIGHLY recommend grabbing that BA 12.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector akionabr private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90scomicbooknerd
Awesome thanks for that dielinfinite. Which variants would you suggest?

If it is available, the ARTGERM Lau variant is very nice. I also LOVE the works of Amanda Conner. Really, there are so many variants its hard to pick just a few.
Post 14 IP   flag post
First and foremost is probably the Adam Hughes variant of the Harley Quinn #1

I've bever been too fond of the Stephan Roux cover but it's still a good early New 52 variant

The more Harley-centeic 2nd Print of Suicide Squad 1 has been gaining popularity since the movie

Any of the roadshow variants are good, too

Post 15 IP   flag post
Beyond the valuable, there's an endless supply of fun and attractive covers, variant or otherwise. Some of my personal favorites:

Bruce Timm's Harley Quinn 14 Flash anniversary cover

Amanda Conner's Harley Quinn 11 and 12 covers

All 3 issues of the Harley and Ivy series, #3 in particular

Post 16 IP   flag post
604139 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?