Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern Age

November 2018 Previews7729

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Since Batman Damned #1 got me interested in the DC Black Label line, I looked at the DC Previews to see what was coming out. I plan on getting Other History of the DC Universe #1. It is about Black Lightning. I wasn't too impressed with the cover A art, so I went with B. Also coming out in the BL line is DC The New Frontier TPB. If that storyline interested you, you might want to check it out. I'm only getting new story material for the BL. I looked at the rest of DC Previews and didn't find anything else to catch my attention.

In the Image Previews, I found Vidication #1. It seems to be a hot topic comic dealing with police violence. I'll probably order one just to see how they handle the subject. That was it for me for Image.

But Marvel Previews was something different!!! Some great (hopefully) titles are being revamped for Marvel's 80th. The ones that caught my eye were Crypt of Shadows #1, Journey into Unknown Worlds #1 and War is Hell #1. But the ones that excite me the most are Conan the Barbarian #1 and #2. Now, I'm buying these to read but I'm wondering which cover to order for #1. Cover A is done by Esad Ribic and I'm not all that thrilled by it. But it is the only cover art shown so far. The other artists are: Jesus Saiz and Kirbi Fagan. I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on them. Also, there will be 10 True Believer Conan books released. At .65 each, I may just order them all to have nice readers.

So, anyone else want to share what they are looking at? Here are links to the free previews.

DC Previews

Image Previews

Marvel Previews
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
Crypt of Shadows looks cool. Probably get that and the new Guardians.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector DavidM private msg quote post Address this user
Here’s 2 others but Midtown doesn’t have them for preorder, so I’m not sure about them.

Post 3 IP   flag post
@DavidM Thanks!! I had not seen those covers yet. Honestly, neither one really impresses me. I usually like Hildebrandt's art, but not this one. And I just checked midtown and noticed they have even more variants listed!!! I might get a blank or two from them, I can see me wanting to get commissions for this one!! But honestly, a Skottie Young baby cover for Conan??? I can see baby Conan beheading a stuffed teddy bear now!!! LOL!!!
Post 4 IP   flag post
I ordered covers a-d because Conan is my favorite character. I should probably order the e-h covers also.
Post 5 IP   flag post
@DavidM The struggle is real!!! LOL!!!

I think I may end up ordering A-D also. I'm sure I've got to like ONE of the covers!!! LOL!!! Plus I'll get a blank or two (or three). I already have one artist in my mind that I want to send it to!!
Post 6 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O That’s a great idea. I’d be interested in seeing what you end up with for sketches.
Post 7 IP   flag post
@DavidM Believe me, when I get them done I'll be showing them off!!!!
Post 8 IP   flag post
600892 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?