Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCBCS Signature ASPQuestionsSignatures

Signature Rates7720

Collector sbarb18 private msg quote post Address this user
I was wondering if anyone knows the current signature rates for the following artists / writers:

George Perez
Marv Wolfman
Joe Sinnott
Jim Starlin

I plan on attending East Coast Comic Con in May, and they will also be in attendance. Thanks!
Post 1 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Starlin was $10 at baltimore and nycc
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector TML_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Marv Wolfman was asking for a charitable donation at keystone in July.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
LOL! I'm not paying anyone for their signature. It's either free or I'll do without it.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
deleted
Post 5 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
they charge those fees for their sigs because they can...people pay it period. If no one bought the sigs at those prices they would reduce their asking price but judging by the long lines at cons, they don't have to. its market driven
Post 6 IP   flag post
deleted
Post 7 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
exactly! personally...I'm not a sig guy..I have a kirby and few Stans...I'd love a Ditko...the giants of the industry but that's about it...I have a Neal Adam's but I wont pay for 98% of sigs out there...that's just me obviously theres a slew of people who will.
Post 8 IP   flag post
deleted
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector TML_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
I'm confused, how does asking how much an artist charge turn into what a person will or won't pay? A person comes on the forum for help and it some how turns into a personal preference. Sounds like facts vs opinion.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Oh man..Jersey I could drive to....Does Mr. Sinnot do sketches at all??
Post 11 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
I think Sinnot has sketches on his wall that he sells at shows.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TML_Comics
I'm confused, how does asking how much an artist charge turn into what a person will or won't pay? A person comes on the forum for help and it some how turns into a personal preference. Sounds like facts vs opinion.
Sorry for having an opinion....remarks deleted.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Quote:
Sorry for having an opinion....remarks deleted.

no need to apologize.. those were great posts!
Post 14 IP   flag post
Anyone know Perez’s rate?
Post 15 IP   flag post
And thanks for the replies
Post 16 IP   flag post
I've googled George Perez signature prices..I can't confirm the price outright but it appears that $50 is what his signature costs (him signing).
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
At Terrificon, I know I did not pay more than $20 for either Starlin or Sinnott's signature.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

They charge me nothing. That was my point. I have Neal Adams signature on a bunch of different stuff. I never bought his autograph. Prices are based upon what the market will bear. If people are willing to pay ridiculous prices for an autograph, the price will keep going up because the artist can increase his price and make more money. I've had reputable artists not only sign things for free, but give me copies of their work to promote it.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
...Prices are based upon what the market will bear. If people are willing to pay ridiculous prices for an autograph, the price will keep going up because the artist can increase his price and make more money.

Exactly!!
Post 20 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
I've googled George Perez signature prices..I can't confirm the price outright but it appears that $50 is what his signature costs (him signing).

Perez hasn't done any shows since his heart attack over a year ago.

While I believe his next show will be East Coast Comic Con in April I wouldn't assume his rate is whatever it used to be.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector Buckets private msg quote post Address this user
George Perez attended a show last year in California and he was not charging for signatures. He did limit to 3 items signed and a charitable contribution to the Hero Initiative. The contribution was voluntary as long as your donation could not be heard hitting the bottom of the jar (no coins).

Jim Starlin Las Vegas Comic Con was charging $5 per signature with no limits but his line was long.

Marv Wolfman also charges $5 with no limits.

Joe Sinnot: I have heard we also charges $5 per signature.

These prices are for raw signatures only. Any comics to be witnessed and or graded were between $10-20 for each book.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

He did a sketch for me for $40. He did 3 items for free if you gave him a donation.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel85301
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

He did a sketch for me for $40. He did 3 items for free if you gave him a donation.

That's fantastic!!
Post 24 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Perez hasn't done any shows since his heart attack over a year ago.

While I believe his next show will be East Coast Comic Con in April I wouldn't assume his rate is whatever it used to be.

very true about not assuming his rate for sigs...my apologies for that...I wasnt aware of his heart attack...hopefully it was a speedy recovery.
Post 25 IP   flag post
598060 25 25
This topic is archived. Start new topic?